1. Win some Team Group goodies in OCAU's latest contest!
    Dismiss Notice

Mini ITX Owners Club and Discussion

Discussion in 'Portable & Small Form Factor' started by XoNikzDeVil, Nov 5, 2009.

1. DarkSnipa

DarkSnipa Member

I am planning to cram a 9900K in there and I am worried about the CPU Temp, I ordered the Asetek 645LT along with the Dan A4 too but I am not sure if it is going to handle it.

2. argent

argent Member

Can always try undervolting it as well. I read a lot of people who run teeny tiny cases tend to do that.

3. terrastrife

terrastrife Member

GPU temps should be fine? There's space for 2x 120mm fans under it if you want to populate that. The Dan A4 is way smaller which should be a factor in purchase.

4. NNotNENN

NNotNENN Member

Gah... still trying to settle on my build and now having second thoughts about whether to go for a really small, expensive case or whether I can just live with something like the NZXT H200 series or the Fractal Define Nano.

I'm not trying to be portable but just have quite a small space in the corner of my room to fit everything in. I was originally thinking I wanted a console style case for the thin-ness of it more than anything (i.e. could've been fairly large in other dimensions, as long as it was thin) but now I'm kinda used to the leg space with my old Antec mid-tower so even the above cases being shorter and less tall while being about the same width might be good enough. Plus I assume they're easier to build in and should have easier/better cooling options right?

Thinking a 3800x + 2080S build at this point.

Otherwise, anyone seen any good, larger console style cases lately? There are a couple on SFF.net but I've kinda lost track of where they're at.

5. akromatic

akromatic Member

Can anyone recommend a small ish case that would accommodate a itx am4 board + ether a 2200g/2600 and a itx sized GPU or 1050ti/1660s, with Pico PSU or SFX.

Thinking something with a small footprint sandwich style and obtainable without being too expensive and not betray the spirit of itx.

6. Tazor

Tazor Member

J-Hack's Pure cases are awesome - about 4.3L or so and support LP GPU's like GTX 1650:

https://j-hackcompany.com/?product=j-hack-pure-x

Should fit your brief I reckon?

7. akromatic

akromatic Member

Normally yes but my 1050ti is a full height mini. I was keen for a lp 1650 but thinking ahead i'd like the option for say a mini 1660 if I would use it for some vr.

Main purpose for this is a steam home streaming system that needs to be super quiet and unobtrusive as my main system runs super hot and loud all the time.

Bear in mind I already have all these parts other then the 1660. Only thing I need is the case.

The velka 3 looks pretty good but it doesn't fit my cryorig c7 with a dual slot card. At the moment the hottest candidate seems to be the geeek a40 but I prefer something that is not plastic

Also another question is could I get away with a 450w passive SFX PSU with no air flow(dual chamber case) while running a 9900x and 1080ti stock clocks. I don't mind underclocking. I don't need anywhere near this level of performance.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  8. Tazor

Tazor Member

Velka is a great option - just be aware it's a weird case to build in

9. argent

argent Member

Not sure if you guys have seen this... the LZ7 has a new version you might like to consider:

10. akromatic

akromatic Member

looks like a larger sugo13