Mini ITX Owners Club and Discussion

Discussion in 'Portable & Small Form Factor' started by XoNikzDeVil, Nov 5, 2009.

1. DarkSnipa

DarkSnipa Member

I am planning to cram a 9900K in there and I am worried about the CPU Temp, I ordered the Asetek 645LT along with the Dan A4 too but I am not sure if it is going to handle it.

2. argent

argent Member

Can always try undervolting it as well. I read a lot of people who run teeny tiny cases tend to do that.

3. terrastrife

terrastrife Member

GPU temps should be fine? There's space for 2x 120mm fans under it if you want to populate that. The Dan A4 is way smaller which should be a factor in purchase.

4. NNotNENN

NNotNENN Member

Gah... still trying to settle on my build and now having second thoughts about whether to go for a really small, expensive case or whether I can just live with something like the NZXT H200 series or the Fractal Define Nano.

I'm not trying to be portable but just have quite a small space in the corner of my room to fit everything in. I was originally thinking I wanted a console style case for the thin-ness of it more than anything (i.e. could've been fairly large in other dimensions, as long as it was thin) but now I'm kinda used to the leg space with my old Antec mid-tower so even the above cases being shorter and less tall while being about the same width might be good enough. Plus I assume they're easier to build in and should have easier/better cooling options right?

Thinking a 3800x + 2080S build at this point.

Otherwise, anyone seen any good, larger console style cases lately? There are a couple on SFF.net but I've kinda lost track of where they're at.

5. akromatic

akromatic Member

Can anyone recommend a small ish case that would accommodate a itx am4 board + ether a 2200g/2600 and a itx sized GPU or 1050ti/1660s, with Pico PSU or SFX.

Thinking something with a small footprint sandwich style and obtainable without being too expensive and not betray the spirit of itx.

6. Tazor

Tazor Member

J-Hack's Pure cases are awesome - about 4.3L or so and support LP GPU's like GTX 1650:

https://j-hackcompany.com/?product=j-hack-pure-x

Should fit your brief I reckon?

7. akromatic

akromatic Member

Normally yes but my 1050ti is a full height mini. I was keen for a lp 1650 but thinking ahead i'd like the option for say a mini 1660 if I would use it for some vr.

Main purpose for this is a steam home streaming system that needs to be super quiet and unobtrusive as my main system runs super hot and loud all the time.

Bear in mind I already have all these parts other then the 1660. Only thing I need is the case.

The velka 3 looks pretty good but it doesn't fit my cryorig c7 with a dual slot card. At the moment the hottest candidate seems to be the geeek a40 but I prefer something that is not plastic

Also another question is could I get away with a 450w passive SFX PSU with no air flow(dual chamber case) while running a 9900x and 1080ti stock clocks. I don't mind underclocking. I don't need anywhere near this level of performance.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  8. Tazor

Tazor Member

Velka is a great option - just be aware it's a weird case to build in

9. argent

argent Member

Not sure if you guys have seen this... the LZ7 has a new version you might like to consider:

10. akromatic

akromatic Member

looks like a larger sugo13

11. DarkSnipa

DarkSnipa Member

12. Dan N

Dan N Member

Has anyone order that Swede case?

13. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

Doesn't that convert to about AUD 60? That would make it considerably more expensive than the C7. Looks nice though, although I'm not keen on the fan colour. It would be interesting to see an English language review of it.

EDIT: An English language description.. not really a review as such but it seems interesting. Someone should buy one and give us a report... :D

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  14. DarkSnipa

DarkSnipa Member

Comparing to the C7 Cu and C7G this is considerably cheaper, the regular one is only about 35AUD which is much cheaper than the regular C7 too.

15. Multiplexer

Multiplexer Member

What is everyone's thought on small case and new CPU coming out that is much hotter than past generation? I love cases like Dan A4-SFX and I like to get high end CPU, but these 2 dont go well together. I feel we have to choose one over the other in the future.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  16. argent

argent Member

I think anytime you have 'small/compact' and tiny volume (sub 10L), you will always have a lot of problems cooling your hardware unless you are willing to forego dust filtration and have literally an open air case with token enclosing panels. The main issue is the volume itself, there's just not enough room for airflow at all and isn't easy to mitigate if you are already cable managed up the wazoo. In this instance, orientation of hardware is supremely important ala the newest version of the Corsair One (though it may not be a fair comparison because it uses custom cooling).

Edit: case in point, this Jayztwocents clip with the Loque Ghost S1

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  17. Tazor

Tazor Member

I think Sliger has just released one of the best sub 20 litre cases for enthusiests!

https://www.sliger.com/products/cases/sv590/

Currently the only case I know of you can get with a rust patina which is just perfection.

argent likes this.
  18. NNotNENN

NNotNENN Member

I'm following the Console/Conswole thread - might finally pull the trigger (probably the Conswole).

Tazor likes this.
  19. argent

argent Member

I saw that release and have to agree with you there :) I have a soft spot for nice tower style cases for SFF!

Tazor likes this.