Mini ITX Owners Club and Discussion

Discussion in 'Portable & Small Form Factor' started by XoNikzDeVil, Nov 5, 2009.

1. asho444

asho444 Member

Also the Kingston a2000 is the best budget nvme drive. It's so good for the money!

philquad and millen like this.
  2. ShadowBurger

ShadowBurger Member

Only that for me at least, a 1TB NVMe got filled very quickly. The most you get is two slots on one board, so it's worth going 2TB and leaving a slot for more expansion later.

Modern games are huge

3. Ravennoir

Ravennoir Member

Thanks everyone

I have a 2TB NVME already, which will be for storage plus a 2TB hybrid. One of the reasons I picked the MB was for the two M.2 slots

The brand for M.2 wasn't locked it, they are just cheaper at the moment.

Is the 5600X going to be that much better for the price ? It's been a while since I built, so all the new CPUs seem kinda the same.

4. onggie

onggie Member

Can someone help me, I'm really struggling to find a case that suits my specifics. My goal is,
    • Open loop hard lines
    • 240mm rad
    • 3080 RTX
    • Glass/acrylic side panels
    • 20L or under if possible
    I'm liking the size of sandwich cases, but all of them have the GPU on the left hand side. Is there any with the mobo on the left and satisfies the above. I think that at this point it's probably slim pickings for hard line and pump to fit in one of these sub 20L cases.

5. theSeekerr

theSeekerr Member

Sliger S620 or Cerberus would probably be able to do all those things? Really just that first point that's in question - S620 would probably need one of those external res pumps like the Iceman that's designed for the NCASE. Pretty sure you could fit all that and a pump internal on Cerberus...barely under 20L, but still, under is under.

EDIT: Oh wait, Cerberus only really fits a rad on the side bracket, which contraindicates the window. S620 can do a bottom rad but only with slim fans. Hmm.

EDIT 2: NR200P is under 20L, has windowed side panels, and I'm pretty sure you can get a rad and full-size fans in the bottom when using a GPU block?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  6. onggie

onggie Member

Thanks for the reply. So the S620 is what I was looking at earlier tonight. I actually sent Sliger an email about it. I think if it was a priority then having the pump inside would probably be more important then the reverse layout if that makes it any easier.

I think I saw the Iceman or Optimum Tech's YouTube? He also showed Burrow's all in one block and pump, though not much of a res on it.

7. tired

tired Member

Given you've chosen really decent hardware for your build, its worth reading/watching reviews for the 5600X: It's a little beast!

8. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

I want to do an itx build in an NR200 with a 5600x for my daily, huge overkill but no more than the 2700x in it now I guess .

:)

9. tired

tired Member

[Edit] New pic. Added 2 Noctua low-profile fans to the bottom of the case and removed the CM fan from the top. If necessary, I'll add another Noctua low-profile fan above the cpu cooler. I bought them on Newegg for $65 delivered.

I love the NR200. I got it yesterday. It's one of my favourite cases ever.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    millen and jjjc_93 like this.
  10. TheWatcher

TheWatcher Member

WoW nice! I still not got my case. I got email from JW saying supplier doesn't know when they will get more in...

11. tired

tired Member

12. TheWatcher

TheWatcher Member

Hmm, not sure if I should cancel JW and try my luck with PCCG.

13. Ravennoir

Ravennoir Member

I was looking at the NZXT H1, turns out it catches fire.
    Then I saw the Phanteks Shift, which has been discontinued

So there is a new version of the Shift coming, but PCCG have it listed as coming at the end of Feb, so I think it will be a while before ill be starting my ITX build

14. argent

argent Member

The v2 Shift loses dual AIO support unfortunately. If you plan on doing dual AIO, you will need to find a second hand one unfortunately.

15. Winterheart

Winterheart Member

I have started to consider giving up on the SFF cases, and migrating to something like a Corsair 1000D so I can condense both my systems into one case, and still run full liquid cooling loops. Still absolutely love the NCase though!

16. evade

evade Member

Just search Taobao, its way easier to find some unique things on there to suit.

I have a 10lt SFF case with a 3080/R5 3600 custom loop, all works quite nicely considering.

17. Ravennoir

Ravennoir Member

Yeah, I did like the look of the X, but no where to be found

18. argent

argent Member

The X is a taller version of the standard Shift. There's no second version available and I haven't seen one on sale for a very VERY long time unfortunately.

19. tired

tired Member

In stock at PCCG if you still need an NR200.

TheWatcher likes this.
  20. millen

millen Member

I saw them in stock on Friday and snapped one up.
    Looking forward to its arrival.