1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Mini ITX Owners Club and Discussion

Discussion in 'Portable & Small Form Factor' started by XoNikzDeVil, Nov 5, 2009.

1. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

New Bykski/Barrow pump block has a much better orientation for people wanting to WC in their larger itx cases

[​IMG]

Taller overall but bleeding shouldn't be anywhere near as much of a pain.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    AllezAllez and OCMunkee like this.
  2. OCMunkee

OCMunkee Member

Looks pretty good, ~76mm for either Intel (CPU-XPR-DDC-I) or AMD (CPU-XPR-DDC-M) models, seems available in 12v/RGB or 5v/ARGB as well.

3. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

4. 151528

151528 Member

Heckin yes, finally a case with both TG and some airflow, AND a good layout!

Now if only LianLi could make cases without stupid sharp edges I'd be truly ecstatic

(and less retarded cable straps wouldn't go astray)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
  5. nCrypt

nCrypt Member

I have 2 x Caselabs Mercury S3 ITX - great itx case. but not a small case.

Will be selling one, as going to try the new EVGA X570 board with my 5950x.

Pre sure most in here want tiny literage, Man i miss Caselabs. Need more!

6. ashenIC

ashenIC Member

Anyone have the info on the lengths of the custom cables that come with the NR200P Max? I been thinking of having some custom cables made up for my regular NR200, and not having to measure lengths would be a bonus.

7. AdamMB23

AdamMB23 Member

Good deal on an aorus z490i here for anyone wanting an upgrade!

8. Winterheart

Winterheart Member

Out of stock now unfortunately :(

9. nCrypt

nCrypt Member

plenty of X570 itx boards around, even B550, go AMD, not a good time to buy intel :)

10. AdamMB23

AdamMB23 Member

Sold out literally 10 minutes after I posted that link!

Is it a good time to buy AMD? Isn't x570 End of life? I swear I heard rumous that ryzen 5000 was end of the line for x570.

11. nCrypt

nCrypt Member

AMD still better than intel for now, for how long though, unsure, and had my Zen3 systems for 12 months now :D

dont think its a particularly good time to buy either :)

but Z490 is an old chipset on intel, and 12th gen is due to drop soon, so assume z490 right now would be like buying an X470 AMD board. happy to be corrected, but havnt really kept up with intel since they became irrelevant 12 months ago :D

im no fanboi, but AMD on top, thats what ill use. intel back on top gives me a reason to change hardware :D

12. AdamMB23

AdamMB23 Member

Dont get me wrong, i agree. Im running x570i with 5600x and soon to have 3080ti. AMD is still my preference for most builds - i just think a z490i for 179 is really good value for itx, especially considering a z390i/9600k combo sold for $400 on forums. (Approx 200/200 aplit id assume)

nCrypt likes this.
  13. nCrypt

nCrypt Member

agreed :)

guess ITX as they age do get harder to find.

14. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

Q58 is finally here! deliveries out of VIC to rest of the country is right cooked right now :sick:

[​IMG]

Rest of the gear is here as well, just need to set aside some time for the transplant and hard tube bending :leet:

151528 and AdamMB23 like this.
  15. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

Got everything transferred over yesterday, still bleeding/filling.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nouvolo Aquanaut extreme is the heart of the WC, the fill ports on either side make bleeding just that little bit easier. Big list of things to do! need to
    • get some PSU custom cables going, the current ones are way too long
    • Swap DDC pump over PWM only
    • Get an actual bending kit for the hard tube, eyeballed these ones and some of them are on the piss
    • Get a res (hopefully EK release a standalone FLT 80)
    • Grab the LL Q58 ARGB bars whenever they do release them
    • Maybe get a new waterblock, this plating on this bykski block is in pretty rough shape
    • Maybe get some better looking RAM
    Initial temp testing seems to be good, 5900x/3080. After heat soaking, on my old fan curve they both top out at around 75C (70c on the 3080 VRAM), fans are loud enough to sound like the entire case is taking off though. Some undervolting and things should be good, 3080 is too happy to pump out 375W lol.

Also finally a case I can fit my WC strix in properly!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    juzz86, View_Askew, woja and 2 others like this.
  16. AdamMB23

AdamMB23 Member

.Radiant fantastic build. Love the red

17. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

bit of stuffing around with my SLA printer, I'm sure a few of us are a little frustrated with the lack of tiny reservoirs for our sff cases

Quick jobbie in fusion 360, mainly wanted to test how viable printing a res is from the outset. Dimensions are 30x30x100mm.

[​IMG]

Slapped some old fittings on, the piece itself printed rather well (some trappings of SLA printing). Main thing I want to see here is how the threads printed and if the thing stays water tight. Eyeballed the spacing between the fittings and came up a little short, luckily I have some spare rotaries and some extendos.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Test burn seems to be going well, the pump has been running at full tilt for a few hours now and there doesn't seem to be anything major. The piece seems to be watertight and there is no bleed through (yet). Using some leftover pastel red coolant from the build above so any bleed through or water tightness issues should be made apparent pretty quickly. Threads are a little finicky, I can see someone stripping them but I think that's just how the material is. Maybe some engineering grade resin might be better but it's still early days, considering the cost and ease of use with this water washable stuff, happy for the threads to only last 3-4 fitting changes.

Going to let this run for a few more days to see how it turns out, I think if it lasts the week I'd be pretty happy. Might muck around with print orientations and slicer settings in the mean time, hopefully will get a better finished product.

juzz86, jjjc_93, OCMunkee and 2 others like this.
  18. ShadowBurger

ShadowBurger Member

The source of truth will be its resistance to heat cycling over time. I can't think of any real reason why it wouldn't otherwise work fine, o ring seals are pretty reliable

.Radiant and OCMunkee like this.
  19. OCMunkee

OCMunkee Member

That's awesome work .Radiant definitely a market for these, I know SFFn users would be keen to get some neat custom fitted reservoirs for their obscure/custom cases.

.Radiant likes this.
  20. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

O rings still holding up, dye isn't bleeding into the resin. Looks like we've got some success :leet:

Going to pick up some better suited/coloured resin and stuff around with the model a bit more before printing something that will go into my build. Soon™.

Good shout on the heat cycling, hadn't thought on that. My other concern was how the resin would potentially react with coolant over time but I imagine regular loop upkeep with new coolant/new print should keep on top of it. Luckily these don't take too long to print either.

OCMunkee likes this.