mining rvn coin

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by AERO, Oct 30, 2018.

1. AERO

AERO Member

so im in need of assistance, over the past 9 months ive switched my mining from a variations of zec, etc, eth(on nanopool), nicehash and using awesome miner with mining pool hub.
    all i have worked out perfectly fine and have had running without problems.

anyway i know im a tad late to the party but still wanna get a piece of the pie. i would like to mine some rvn coin before it goes up in difficulty and price too much.

anyhow ive signed up to suprnova and i have ccminer setup and it mines.... for a while then the batch file just closes itself and thats the end of that... unlike the all he others where i have mem and core overclocked a bit and power down to 70%. i have basically underclocked the core and mem clock to prevent it closing/crashing. but it still closes after a while.

what can i do to make it (as i saw it does it in the nicehash miner when the x16r closes the program starts it up again). how do i make the batch file upon crashing/closing reopen and start again?

im not 100% tech savy but ill give it my best shot :) cheers. (its using the suprminer 1.6 which uses ccminer)

2. cmi83

cmi83 Member

How long have you been trying for? I had plenty of issues the first few days, then it seemed to come good either by itself or perhaps because I went back to 100% / stock settings on GPU.

Just found this for what it is worth, give it a try maybe?

This code do what you want: each time that yeet.bat ends for any reason it is restarted again "immediately and automatically".

cd "C:\Users\chriscrutt\Desktop\"
    :loop
    Start yeet.bat | set /P "="
    goto loop

On a side note, i'm a real noob, and i'm glad to see there is some interest in Raven lately. Last I looked it was 0.01 or something. Just went to see if I could get to my wallet but I need the latest version, which of course windows blocks immediately :D

3. OP
    OP
    AERO

AERO Member

im not sure what yeet.bat is (assuming whatever the batch file is called. just not sure how to set it to loop run if it auto closes, nh miner does it and awsome miner does it, my zec, etc and etc miner batch files dont crash/close by themselves so no need to worry about it.... jst this one

4. OP
    OP
    AERO

AERO Member

not sure if what ive done will help but some pees were sayin that they lower the intensity setting when mining rvn coin, mine were set to 18 and 19 (2 cards) ive set mine to 17 as someone else stated. will see how they go now, during the day i can watch but its overnight or when im not there that i have to keep an eye on and i dont wanna miss a coin.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Ravencoin/comments/8b8bm2/miner_crashing_every_couple_of_hours/

and im really going to note, this algo in particular my 1070 actually does better than my 1080 for some reason :), but other algo's obviously the 1080 trumps :)

5. OP
    OP
    AERO

AERO Member

after 5 hours and lowering the intensity the program is still running which is good, hopefully it stays this way :)

cmi83 likes this.
  6. cmi83

cmi83 Member

Nice, what sort of numbers are you getting now?

7. OP
    OP
    AERO

AERO Member

well i think ive gotten about 20 rvn coin a dayish but ive had it on and off as i play games on this pc also, i have seen the hash rate vary depending on the difficulty also. ill leave it running an hour or two and ill hopefully get a screenshot mid hashing for you to see, it did turn off after an hour last night, but then after turning back on it was going for about 7 hours last night. so its funny its hit and miss :)

8. duck_boy

duck_boy Member

I used to get 5000 a weeks back then. My 1000W PSU switch off 1 in a while running 4 gtx1070ti even with 65% PL on the cards. X16r need a lot of power head room.

9. OP
    OP
    AERO

AERO Member

yea, ive got a 1000 watt rm1000i psu for the 2 gpu's :), ive just managed to configure my awesome miner to run the batch file, hopefully when it closes it reopens like am should do :) if it does it then im chuffed and thats even better, just had to set it up properly :). found before the instance sometimes would stay open for 12 hours sometimes 30 minutes. anyway im about to go out for 6 hours so here's to hoping :)

cmi83 likes this.
  10. OP
    OP
    AERO

AERO Member

so im glad i have awesome miner on the case now, it worked for the last 6 hours... it must have restarted 4 hours ago, but since its predicting i'd get about 25 a day.
    i know its not much but its a start, ill take what i can get. if it goes up then yay if no then whatever. cant be any worse than what ive been getting. and if the value goes up then a definite hell yes! :)

cmi83 likes this.
  11. OP
    OP
    AERO

AERO Member

38rvn coin and counting, have noticed it slip in value, but now its mining more constantly :) (wish it was 200 a day lol)

12. duck_boy

duck_boy Member

I used got 270-300 a days a day with 7 gtx1070ti run at 60% PL. I am holding what ever I got until 5 years times.

cmi83 likes this.
  13. OP
    OP
    AERO

AERO Member

nice, as i said wish i got onboard ages ago, ive got about 75 now :)

14. duck_boy

duck_boy Member

My target was 20k and I got them in 1 month. I sold all my cards because the power cost is too much even thought I have solar power.

15. OP
    OP
    AERO

AERO Member

thats still $1200 worth. if it goes up to even 70c instead pof the 6c its worth thats a good growth.

be nice to get more but anyway wether i mine this or btc it doesnt matter to me