MLF 2012 (C&C welcome)

Discussion in 'The Gallery' started by destrkta, Apr 19, 2012.

1. destrkta

destrkta Member

So here are is a small selection of shots from Melbourne Latin Festival 2012, more photos available at www.dynamicphotos.com.au (feel free to let me know what you think of the new website design as well).

First 3 were shot with 24-70 2.8L. Rest were shot with Sigma 70-200 2.8 OS. All were on 5d3.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers Daniel
    www.dynamicphotos.com.au

2. chilloutbuddy

chilloutbuddy Member

LOL I thought you shot them all through the front window of your studio with your logo on it
    first and last are the best, the others are good but you have limbs chopped off in awkward places, overlapping dancers etc

3. checks202

checks202 Member

Hey,

I think the last 2 photos are fantastic. Maybe a tad dark but not too bad. In the case of improvement I'd suggest noise reduction if you haven't already, spot removal and more post processing to throw emphases more on the subjects.

As far as website goes.. It's all aligned to the right? No about or contact page either. Right about now I'm maybe sounding a little pessimistic but when I go to a website I like to be able to learn about the person I'm about to do business with and how I can get in contact with them. :)

4. C0L0N3L

C0L0N3L Member

This.

If you remove "overflow: auto;" from #wrapper it should fix the right align problem.
    ninja edit: and then remove "float: left;" from #container to fix the overflow problem.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  5. cleary

cleary Mental in the Face

Nice work - imo these are a big improvement over your previous sets.
    I'll echo the sentiment about going a little wider to avoid the chopped limbs, but that is easy fixed.
    Last one is my favourite :)

6. OP
    OP
    destrkta

destrkta Member

Hmm limbs getting chopped off I'm assuming your referring to the shoes that are sometimes cut ?

Need to position myself better to stop that happening stupid guy with a big hat infront that kept causing big black blobs so was cropping pretty heavilly. If you are going to cut a limb off, at which point is it safe to do so, I've never seemed to get that too straight...

7. lovecolt

lovecolt Member

2x. The logo's too big till the point its abit annoying.

Not sure about the lighting situation at the event, but it looks like you used the biggest aperture (F2.8??) of the sigma??? I would bump up even more iso in order to have a smaller aperture. The 2nd and 3rd last ones are a good example where you should be getting sharp image of the 2 dancers, but because of your aperture, only one's sharp and other's abit blur.

8. OP
    OP
    destrkta

destrkta Member

Agree the logo is kind of big, I had to make it bigger taking up more space as people were taking the photos and cropping it out which annoyed me.... especially as I'm trying to sell them, maybe I should of uploaded clean ones for OCAU but I just hotlinked off my website....

I was running Shutter Priority for the nights mainly because the light was regularly changing and the F4 and above shots clearly are sharper but it was entirely scene dependent... as it was in post most of them had to have exposure increases 1/2 a stop.

But I may play with running with manual mode with automatic ISO next time to stop the lens being wide open, it could also come down to shutter speed the moving dancer seems the more blurred as in photo4, I can't explain the difference in sharpeness in photo5.

Thanks for the encouragement Clearly, that last photo was actually shot in jpg (JPG's seemed to get better color in them than I've managed in my PP) as my 3 memory cards (40gb) were about full at this point in the night....

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  9. sir_bazz

sir_bazz Team Papparazi

Not bad dude.

Much better results than what you were getting with the 7D.

10. OP
    OP
    destrkta

destrkta Member

So was just at another event this weekend, this time I was performing so people were taking photos for us. Soooo disappointed with the quality that we got, trying to get the raws off them but all they had were jpgs... few good photos but yeah...