Mmmm... interesting.

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Trebek, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Trebek

Trebek Member

Mmmm... interesting.

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  2. infernooo

infernooo Member

Looks pretty good to me!

But when testing the demonstration gallery, there is only an "upload image" and "upload 10 images" option... no upload entire contents of folder option ?

3. infernooo

infernooo Member

I've done something similar - the script ran unzip in a shell on a user uploaded file on the server... I'll have to try find my old scripts. (Note you will want to do a bunch of input checking to avoid attempted hacks/command injection etc if you do it this way).

4. Kurt

Kurt Member

A "lite version" with no upload option and no need for a password. Looks very promising.

5. Kurt

Kurt Member

Sure, maybe set it up so that setting no password disables the functions that require one.

6. cokeeffekt

cokeeffekt Member

wow.... i have just started on sumthing quite similar.... i see your using phpthumbs. so if you wanna check out wat im working on gallery/pofile so on www.snapshack.com.au/beta its VERY early development but its getting done. good work on the whole databaseless design tho i really like that. has a nice feel to it.

7. ob1

ob1 Member

i dont usually read the software forum, but this post caught my eye on the news page.

I have been looking for a gallery that can just read from a directory with no import process....i'll give it a shot over the weekend.

One feature i'd be interested in is security and permissions. I'd like most pics to be public, but some to be private, based on a login.

8. Kurt

Kurt Member

Would it be easy to make entire directories private/password protected rather than individual files? That way it would be easy to set up public and private galleries based on location.

9. cokeeffekt

cokeeffekt Member

yeh it was a template..... i may be able to code but im artisticly retarded lol so i just bought a template for it. ill be modifying it enough to make it unique soon tho. yeh i already sourced your page to find the corner.js that you were using. looks great. i used the mooflow from the mootools package, gotta love open source ;) im currently playing around with an ajax/php image editor (http://www.ajaxprogrammer.com/?cat=7) to see if i can intergrate it into snapshack. well done on phpg tho its a much simpler tool then alot of other things out there.

10. ob1

ob1 Member

one bug is that it always expects the path ../Gallery/phpThumb/cache to exist. It doesnt take $GALLERY_PATH into account for the thumbnail cache.

11. ob1

ob1 Member

also, when there is only 1 pic in the gallery folder, the "next" image thumbnail is showing an error, because its trying to read the directory as a file.

12. ob1

ob1 Member

can you implement a limit on how many thumbs it will show per dir.? I tested on a dir with 1300 images and (not surprisingly) took forever to create the thumbs. a limit that splits each dir. into pages of thumbs would be nice.

13. ob1

ob1 Member

well you dont really "install" it, you just unzip and set a few config variables :) No problems.

If you want to improve the "install" process, create an install.php page, that you access in a browser to configure all the vars in gallery.setup. You get the gallery admin to load this page once, configure the basics then remove the install.php file for security purposes. In this way, you can apply a one way hash to the admin password and store it encrypted. I dont like the idea of a password stored in plain text in the root of my gallery app!

14. ob1

ob1 Member

a pretty big bug....if i use a gallery directory thats not the default "../Gallery", it wont show images in subdirectories.

e.g. my gallery is at "../testpics" and i have a folder called "Ben". When i click on the Ben folder, i get:

Code:
    Warning: dir(../testpics//sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin/Ben/) [function.dir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /opt/lampp/htdocs/phpg/main.php on line 94

so for some reason its putting my $PATH between the gallery folder and the subfolder.

15. ob1

ob1 Member

16. ob1

ob1 Member

no, i have $GALLERY_PATH = "../testpics" and it wont show anything in the ../testpics/Ben folder.

17. -=N0N@ME420=-

-=N0N@ME420=- Member

problem:

How my server looks like:
    http://imagestore.ugbox.net/image/server_aed706ed8e501cf505470e632.jpg

What I see:
    http://imagestore.ugbox.net/image/ibrokeit_506ce277fd81a06e1a26dbd.jpg

What I changed in the config:
    Where did I go wrong?

18. -=N0N@ME420=-

-=N0N@ME420=- Member

cheers I'll give it ago tonight :)