[PROJECT] Model Railway Project (OO scale, DCC, 6m x 1.8m)

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by Rainey, Feb 9, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Kommandant33

Kommandant33 Member

White beard - CHECK
    Checkered shirt - CHECK
    Glasses - CHECK

Yep, this guy knows locos!

What an awesome set up! If he needs to adopt a grandson to come over and play trains, more than happy :D

2. chook

chook Member

The best part of this picture is the young man in the middle of it all looking very much, "how come I'm the child but can't play with the toy trains?" :lol:

Rainey likes this.
  3. Darmok

Darmok Member

Oh.. he gets to play with them alright.. and his two cousins!

and yes.. Dad is a bit stereotypical!

He'll be displaying/exhibiting at Caulfield Model Railway show, in Melbourne 25-26th August

Oh.. and he also does big ones too - 200m of track in the backyard!

4. Optimus.

Optimus. Member

Nice to see this project back on track Rainey!

Rainey likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    Rainey

Rainey Member

Darmok that layout is sensational mate. Love seeing stuff like that. Inspirational.

As for my layout, the train/man-cave is getting an overhaul. Been laying carpet underneath the whole space so that it feels like a more comfortable area to work in. I'll chuck some pics up here a bit later on tonight. It's a cold winter down here in Tassie so I want to be able to heat and insulate the place a little better and generally not feel like im getting covered in accumulated saw dust and cobwebs every time I need to get under or around the layout. Matt, I even sold the Obutto sim-rig to free up some extra space, sad times haha... iRacing is almost a thing of the past.

Kommandant33 likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Rainey

Rainey Member

Pics as promised!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The top images are most of my DC trains that I haven't installed decoders in. I have a test track for running them in and making sure they work properly on DC first, maintenance etc. Last few pics are the state of the layout at the moment with the carpet down (90%). Really happy with this but its taken a while to go around and lift every table leg up carefully to slide the carpet underneath... worth it in the end, and a fairly cheap way of making the space more homely.

CQGLHyperion and DSTM (Dougie) like this.
  7. OP
    OP
    Rainey

Rainey Member

Hehe, just giggling about this comment from way back. I do own the R2701X (Intercity 125) and R2702 (Intercity Swallow) modern tooling versions now... The older Hornby HST's are total crud in comparison. I've considered respraying them to Australian XPT livery just for practice with the ol airbrush.