1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Mog - Provided by Telstra

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by millsy, Jun 21, 2012.

1. BuuBox

BuuBox Member

Can't log in, website doesn't work (XML error), desktop program keeps crashing.

Bit unpolished...

Cancelled the subscription. Thank goodness that bit worked (I would just about pay $11.99 per month to avoid calling Telstra).

2. Rory K

Rory K Member

VERY. For me, after prolonged use it can take up to 5 seconds to change song, it just becomes really unresponsive. Still, the fact that it's unmetered trumps all for me... :lol:

3. BuuBox

BuuBox Member

Started working again.

:confused:

It'd be worth considering if it was more reliable. Might take another look in a few months.

4. yoink

yoink Member

I've been using their iPad and iPhone apps, and not had a single problem, it just works... :thumbup:

5. kieranluken

kieranluken Member

Only problem i have is when my i move to somewhere with little reception and therefore no data connection. But thats to be expected :) No other problems though. using both the website and android app

6. OP
    OP
    millsy

millsy Member

Weird, I didn't really use the desktop application though

7. yoink

yoink Member

Hmmprfh.

So I'm liking how it works, plus the recommendations are pretty good, however I do have a major gripe:

WHERE IS: Metallica, AC/DC, The Beatles, and no doubt other large bands that I didn't bother searching for???

Surely those should be well represented on there, but no - there are some really shitty quality live versions or some of the songs, and a bunch of interviews with the bands, but that is it... :(

/rant

8. kieranluken

kieranluken Member

What does everyone think of the update released a week or 2 ago?

It doesn't seem to automatically continue the song when the call/message is done, it just stops... Aside from that, seems a little more stable

9. FFC

FFC Member

Anyone else having issues signing up for the free trial?

It keeps dumping me back to the page where I need to pick a subscription, or hit the "Try MOG for free" button.

Both on the website, and via the app. I am trying to add it to my Bigpond account, might try the CC method.

10. OP
    OP
    millsy

millsy Member

So I did end up going with Telstra and signing up for this. App is a bit different on android, not sold if I like it yet...

11. kieranluken

kieranluken Member

I don't have too many problems with it. It works, and my biggest gripe is the speed of Bigpond Music to get new music

12. OP
    OP
    millsy

millsy Member

Oh it works I think I just prefer the iOS UI. No big deal though

13. DonChiChiO

DonChiChiO Member

Not sure if this has been asked, but is this still free usage through Telstra when connecting through a prepaid wireless 4g modem?

14. OP
    OP
    millsy

millsy Member

I believe it is, I'd confirm through a Telstra store though. It was unmetered when I was using a prepaid phone.

Just bear in mind it is not unmetered if you are using a business plan. I've seen some people discover this the hard way as it's never really stated.

15. DonChiChiO

DonChiChiO Member

Thanks for that, I'll confirm at a Telstra store and post back.

16. MatterHorn

MatterHorn Member

I'm on Telstra cable and really want to like/use MOG for the unmetered data, but I have to say the desktop and Android apps are pretty crap.

I noticed on the Android app you can't update any downloaded playlists. So if you create a playlist add songs to it and sync it with your phone for offline play - if you then go an add/remove songs from that playlist you need to delete that entire playlist off your phone and re-download the updated one. I know I'm on unmetered data but it's just dumb and takes time. I've confirmed with MOG directly and they say they're working on it. I've tried Spotify and Rdio and both their Android apps work fine in this regard.

It's unfortunate but it really seems like they need time to get basic stuff working.

17. dean_is_not

dean_is_not Member

Quite liking it so far. Use it on my PC a lot, 320kbps is nice. Also good on my laptop, which is often tethered to my phone (which I use it on too). Handy since I can use it at my partner's place where she only has prepaid 3G.
    I have found it does crash more often than I would like.

Oh, and it has no problems running on my partner's phone and laptop too, even using my username and logged in at the same time. $6 or so each a month = awesome.

Click to view full size!

Being unmetered is awesome.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  18. dingdong555

dingdong555 Member

My exact issue. It seems as if the iOS app is always one step ahead, so hopefully we get some android loving to make this the app it deserves!

19. sm

sm Member

It's the same with all the streaming music services. Led Zepellin is another, I'm sure there are more. They are popular existing artists who have decided they don't need the money and won't licence their music for streaming.

20. OP
    OP
    millsy

millsy Member

Yup, which is unfortunate but what can you do. I see it as more of a discovery service anyway

Tell you what though, burning through about 30% battery/hour on 4G streaming at 320kbps :sick: