1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Momentary contact light switch mechs?

Discussion in 'Electronics & Electrics' started by spludgey, May 19, 2020.

1. spludgey

spludgey Member

I've got a few sonoffs installed and just realised that sonoff minis have an input for a momentary switch without tinkering, like in the sonoff basic.
    So it would be great to install them and replace the light switch mech with a momentary one.
    However I've been unable to find the mech at a price that's any less than the sonoff itself, which is a bit ridiculous.
    Does anyone know where I can get them for a dollar or two? Maybe I'm using the wrong name and that's why I can't find them?

2. CacTuar

CacTuar Member

Try searching for a bell press mech if you are looking for a momentary light switch

3. aXis

aXis Member

A few years ago I bought about 20 some for a similar purpose - z-wave micro modules. Clipsal bell press 30MBPR, were maybe $4 each. Google shows them for $10+ now though, bugger!

The other option is to replace the whole wall plate. Ebay or aliexpress have the big rocker switches like you see at hotels.

4. Odje

Odje Member

Have you considered changing the firmware on the sonoff mini to Tasmota? a lot more options in tasmota, and it is compatible with normal switches.