1. Win some Crucial goodies in OCAU's Christmas Treasure Hunt!
    Dismiss Notice

Monitor have yellowish tint when connected to docking station

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Multiplexer, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Multiplexer

Multiplexer Member

My Dell monitor 2707WFP display a yellowish tint most noticeable on white background when connected to Dell E7270 laptop via a docking station using DVI cable.

So how can I go about to get clear white? I feel like I am looking at my Android mobile Pixel 2 night mode.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  2. OP
    OP
    Multiplexer

Multiplexer Member

Bummer, connected another PC and found the screen is yellowish. After 10 years only notice after getting a new primary monitor and put it side by side. Is going to be tough to move between the 2 monitor, but then again I might just get use to it. Not too keen in spending more money to get another new monitor as secondary.

3. callan

callan Member

LCD monitors often have different modes: Gaming, movie, text etc. and some of those change the tint. Have a play with the menus: you may well find that changing the mode will fix the tint.

Callan

4. OP
    OP
    Multiplexer

Multiplexer Member

Play around with the monitor setting, reduce red and some green and lower the brightness. A bit better. Dell 2707WFP was the top model at its time....

5. nope

nope Member

nah i had it too mate the acrylic plastic diffuser can yellow over time due to heat.

6. OP
    OP
    Multiplexer

Multiplexer Member

Never knew that, was expecting top of the range model (back at the time) will not deteriorate.