Monsoon Rigid Tube Bending Kit

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by KoiTech, Dec 20, 2013.

1. KoiTech

KoiTech Member

I was caught by surprise by the kit they are offering. Looks like a good tool to use for bending the rigid tube.

[​IMG]

These moulds are probably the biggest selling point for me anyway. It's hard to find a good shape to use.

Here's the full kit.

[​IMG]

Looks like it comes with:

- a hacksaw (okay I guess it's needed to cut the stuff. can get locally at bunnings)
    - ruler (again useful but i reckon most people have been using more primitive measures)
    - "Bending Mandrels" this is what we need. the 90,45 degree angles to make those hard bends for mb/ram waterblocks to cpu or rads.

I've ordered one from PPC because I am impatient. The shipping was equal to the actual product $70USD. Will happily loan to those in Sydney when I'm done :)

Here's a quote:

"1. Monsoon’s Hardline Pro Bender Kit is an integral part of our “end to end” Hardline solution that covers the four basic elements of using acrylic hard lines in your build:
    Loop layout/planning and measurement. This is a very simple to use yet accurate center line plotting and measurement system that lets you reach right into your build and plan tube runs and provides precision center line measurements for every segment of your loop . The Mandrels themselves also have center line capabilities built in so the layout and planning tools mesh seamlessly with the Mandrels. All hardware and screws are included.

2. Bending Mandrels for jigged precision bending. Machined from solid aluminum, polished, anodized, and laser etched for maximum durability and surface quality on tube contact surfaces. They feature relevant degrees etched on in 1 degree increments. As previously mentioned they also have center line capabilities built in, and the 45, 90, and 180 all feature extended support legs to makes sure the tube is not only easily held at the exact angle, but is also held exactly “on plane” with zero deformation or twist etc.. They feature dual pass through holes for M4 (over sized for fine adjustment) that allow for flat mounting on your bending board. Also included are metal 90 degree clips that allow the mandrels to be mounted upright (perpendicular) to your building board so that builders can easily bend and fixture in two or more directions AND on two or more planes at the same time.

3. Miter Box, saw, and inner/outer reamer for cutting and dressing the ends of your tube. The miter box (I am including an image below for you–you can post if you like), is also precision machined from aluminum, anodized, and laser etched. The saw blade has a tooth density and design optimized for clean, fast, accurate cuts in acrylic. Includes a replacement blade and a combination inner/outer reamer to clean up the edges after a cut. The miter box is also designed to work within the center line system making locating cuts exactly where you need them very easy.

4. Heat Gun, gloves, and premium silicone insert. A dual setting heat gun that can stand upright if needed, diffuser, and cotton gloves for handling hot tube. Premium silicone bending insert sized correctly for the acrylic tubes ID.
    Available for 1/2″ (13mm) and 5/8″ (16mm) OD acrylic tube with all size specific tools–mandrels, miter boxes, silicone inserts–color coded for easy identification.

All screws, clips, and other hardware are included–all the builder needs to add is a 24″ x 24″ x 1/2″ particle board work surface.

We will also be launching tube in two sizes–13mm and 16mm–and 8 colors. A line of push in type Power Grip Economy compression fittings and a full line of Premium compression fittings for Acrylic Hardline in our Free Center, Carbon, and Chain Gun. The Premium compression fittings share the same compression rings as our Flex tube fittings so users can mix and match soft and hard tube in the same build, or switch from one to the other from build to build by replacing only the barbs. IOW if you already own our Free Center, Carbon, or Chain gun Premium fittings for soft tube and you want to switch over to acrylic Hardline all you have to buy are the barbs–which are roughly about half the cost of buying new fittings–and will be available at all of our resellers in six packs and singles."

2. Sven76

Sven76 Member

I have been looking more and more at rigid tubing and wanting to move to it so badly. This kit depending on price would be a good investment. The killer will be a one off job vs many jobs vs price.

I would get slaughtered at home if I moved to rigid tubing but after just spending so much on what I have already done :(

3. Kommandant33

Kommandant33 Member

This is a great idea. I still don't think it will make rigid tubing idiot-proof, but it will definitely be easier.

As for $140 to Aus, you could loan it out for $20 a day to people in Sydney and make your money back :thumbup:

Nice pick up, OP :thumbup:

4. Radley

Radley Member

This looks awesome. Any idea who'll be selling these?

5. YoSiMeTe_SaM

YoSiMeTe_SaM Member

I reckon PC Case Gear may get them if there is a big enough demand. They seem to be the ones with the gear atm :thumbup:

6. karigan

karigan Member

I'd be hell keen to borrow and also to pay for the benefit
    But I just don't like copper coloured tube, have they got any silver coloured stuff yet?

7. OP
    OP
    KoiTech

KoiTech Member

some vidyas

8. BigDave

BigDave Member

Blank boxes for me :upset:

9. Thunder

Thunder Member

Fixed

Nice, I was wondering if a bending kit like this would be made. I would like to do rigid acrylic tube when upgrade.

10. l3git

l3git Member

I have been trying to find these for a few weeks now.. haven't found anyone that will stock locally or has stock overseas yet.

emailed moonsoon didn't get a reply back either.

edit: looks like frozencpu got them in stock finally.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  11. OP
    OP
    KoiTech

KoiTech Member

yeah i cancelled my order with PPC cos they wanted too much for shipping. ordered with frozen and its on its way. hopefully be here in a few days.

12. BelowAverageIQ

BelowAverageIQ Member

Received mine the other day! Nice bit of gear! Very good quality. I did not order the heat gun (already have one), but you still get the silicone tube, gloves and reamer! I was only expecting the mandrel side of the kit!

So I now have 3 reamers, 4 pieces of silicone tubing (13mm) and 2 pairs of gloves! Also have 4 boxes of primochill ghost fittings I don't need!

Thank you for the video links:thumbup:

Looking forward to giving it a go and see if it will be worth it, or tuns out to be a costly and wet mistake :shock:

13. l3git

l3git Member

which kits you buy?

14. BelowAverageIQ

BelowAverageIQ Member

I purchased the reamers (red tube piece) from Frozen CPU with another order, as they were not readily available here in Australia. I also purchased a set of gloves, silicon tube inserts and polish cloth.

I originally purchased 4 boxes (4 fittings in each box) of the original primochill ghost fittings in black for the primochill acrylic tubing.

I then purchased some of the revolver fittings and the monsoon rigid tube bending kit from Performance PC's, as I was noted down as a pre-order when they were first announced.

Got the 13mm kit (blue) without a heat gun (extra $10, but increased the freight cost considerably) thinking I would only get the mandrel tray with screws and rulers.

Instead go the whole boxed kit (both trays minus the heat gun) which includes another reamer, gloves and silicon tube insert (much better quality than primochill's).

I have been wanting to do the rigid acrylic tubing for a long time, but have held off since hearing of the monsoon kit, to hopefully make my building easier as I am not very good with my hands.

Will probably put the "spare" items in the FS section or just keep them.

Cheers

Rob

15. fast fate

fast fate Member

The kit will make more professional looking bends for sure.
    But it's all about accurate measuring and marking to be honest.
    I'ld say I'll get a kit when Aussie seller's are stocking it.
    Just finished a little HTPC upgrade just using old fashioned aluminium forming strip.

I would buy the black ghost fittings if the price is right :)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  16. BelowAverageIQ

BelowAverageIQ Member

Very Nice and tidy mate, awesome. Nicely done. Will let you know in regards to fittings.

Cheers

Rob

17. FiShy

FiShy Member

off-topix... how is frozencpu for delivery times?

18. BelowAverageIQ

BelowAverageIQ Member

FiShy,

I have found them very good. I tend to order stuff from them Friday night and it arrives by Wednesday the next week using USPS priority international.

Both Frozen CPU and Performance PC's are great companies to deal with!!

Cheers

Rob

19. FiShy

FiShy Member

Just what i want to hear, i do like buying local but you cant beat the range of shit they stock.

20. NinjaStickman

NinjaStickman Member

Beautiful loop fast fate :thumbup: