Monster Hunter World PC Q3/Q4 2018 Release

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by 2SHY, Jan 4, 2018.

1. 2SHY

2SHY Member

Capcom has stated that in second half of this year they will release Monster Hunter World on PC.
    This is an ideal entry into the series as does not require you to know or play the previous versions.

Gameplay video here:

PC Development blog video:

Cannot Wait for it to be released. Thoughts?

elvis likes this.
  2. simontifik

simontifik Member

I'm super excited there's a new Monster Hunter on PC and big consoles. I put about 60hrs into 3 Ultimate on Wii U and have been waiting for another non hand held MH. It looks like it should attract new players to the series, hopefully there's a decent player base on PC.

3. power

power Member

I was super happy that someone traded a few MH games at a local eb (3U Wii U, 4 3DS and Generations 3DS) and i grabbed them for cheaps I played world at PAX on a timed demo and enjoyed it, looking forward to this on PC. the delay gives me a chance to play the earlier titles first which is nice even though not necessary as i know these games are all designed to be independent of each other. :)

4. Sledge

Sledge Member

Kind of looks interesting, but gameplay so far seems boring and nonsensical..
    Find a sleeping monster.. what to do? wake it up... Whaa?? why not just chop it's damn head off while it's asleep?

5. simontifik

simontifik Member

Nonsensical yes, boring, well depends on your taste. There's not really a story and the gameplay loop is basically kill big monster, use parts of monster to craft gear so you can kill a bigger monster. Think Dark Souls but only boss battles and grinding for crafting parts. It sounds awful but it's super satisfying when you get into it. All the weapons handle completely differently and combat is about timing your strikes in safe windows between the monster's attacks. It might take 40mins to take down a monster at first but once you learn the attack patterns and weak points you can roll them in 5-10 mins. And you will learn as you'll need to kill the same monster 10 times to craft the sword you want :D.

6. Ogre

Ogre Member

That is what I was worried about, been looking in to the hype, but every time I watch a video, I just don't get it.

7. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

Destiny 2 is getting a bit long in the tooth for me, so this might be the next loot grinder i fall in love with.

Wish i gave the beta a whirl, as ive never played a monster hunter game before :\

Bertross likes this.
  8. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

Should've release the same times , come PC release no one will care as much.

9. Bauhaus1919

Bauhaus1919 Member

5millions shipped already....fk come to PC NOW!

10. DarkSnipa

DarkSnipa Member

I am not sure if I should wait for the PC version to come or buy the XBOX version, this really took me back when I was playing the Monster Hunter 2G on PSP and Monster Hunter 3 remastered on PS3

11. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Been playing this on PS4. It's fun. :D

12. power

power Member

played a few hours of 3U now and knowing what i know about MH now makes me even more want to play world, i'm also happy that i'll at least know what MH is all about before I play though so should make the overall experience better. So, delayed release is good for me because I'm behind?!

13. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Considered warframe? Its destiny on steroids with about 1000 x more content and depth.

14. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Monster hunter is like like the first time you fought mewtwo and lost.

Bertross and walker_2003 like this.
  15. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

I tried War Frame

Granted i only played about an hour but i didnt like it.
    Maybe i should go back to it, but free to play games scare me.
    Dont want to invest time and have a pay wall appear infront of me.

16. power

power Member

i don't think this one has the nornal model of F2P - it uses microtransactions for cosmetics. i normally avoid F2P because hackers. if you pay nothing for an account what's the penalty for a ban?

17. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Give this a watch, he is a good reviewer and covers a lot about the game and how far its come and said the grind isn't to bad if u don't want to pay.

It is a complex beast and at first seems bit dull but gets there.

18. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

Great video.
    Might give it another go, just not looking forward to another game that requires grinding :\

19. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

its a looter/grinder that's for sure. If that aint your thing try something else. Subnautica is epic :p (single player tho)

Pinkeh likes this.
  20. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Warframe doesn't have a pay wall. I got more than enough potatoes to upgrade my frames and weapons through normal game play, and only used premium currency to buy skins and frames I didn't want to craft.

Although warframe is grinding. I repeated the same boss fight 147 times trying to get my rhino chassis. Although at that point I was doing it as a speed run at around 3-5 minutes each. Some people get the part with 5 runs. Rng god wanted me to grind a long time :(.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018