1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Monster Hunter World PC Q3/Q4 2018 Release

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by 2SHY, Jan 4, 2018.

1. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

Gonna see if i can mix some Warframe into my gaming nights.
    Is there an OCAU discord channel for it?

Cant wait for Monster Hunter though.
    Cant wait for a Co-op only game. Sick of PvP aligned titles (looking at you Iron Banner)

walker_2003 likes this.
  2. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

getting good pc reviews, seems like a good port.

edit: I was wrong.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  3. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Smack damage sponges for 30 minutes at a time, now in 60fps!

4. Seikeden

Seikeden Member

Bought it on a whim since i loved 3u on wiiu.

yeah we should definitely do a discord, playing with randoms is only fun sometimes...

5. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Not sure if its my kind of game but seems to do what it does well!

6. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

From what I read, the load time is significantly reduced with an SSD compared to the PS4. Which is really good because I spent a lot of time staring at the loading screen and you guys won't have to go through that rubbish.

walker_2003 likes this.
  7. Hookimus

Hookimus Member

Played this on PC for a couple of hours this morning before work!
    Seemed to run really well, keyboard \ mouse feels a little clunky (or it could just be me) so going to try my xbox controller this afternoon see if that's any better.

8. power

power Member

apparently selling like hotcakes too.

ACG review was out yesterday.

9. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

good port. works beautifully on i7 8700k + 1080 GTX + 32GB ram

using an xbox 360 controller with cheap wireless non microsoft dongle

walker_2003 likes this.
  10. OP
    OP
    2SHY

2SHY Member

Where did you pick up your copy Pinkeh? Hesitant to pull the pin at 50USD. The upgraded package doesn't seem worth it.

11. rbialek

rbialek Member

These new steam reviews on the game make me feel real old. The amount of whining and general lack of basic PC understanding is just staggering.
    People complaining about the key binds being bad, game being too hard, that their GTX960 and 2600 can't run it etc.
    I feel sorry for devs sometimes...

Outside of that, loving the game so far. Sitting pretty on 60+ fps in 4K couch gaming, happy days!

ssar likes this.
  12. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

I dunno some of them seem to be genuine issues that I would agree with if they are the case, One review:

Also seeing the co-op stuff requires you to both have seen the cutscene prior? stupid.

Spose its best with a controller too but not everyone has them/likes them. It's a PC port..

13. rbialek

rbialek Member

Agreed, some of the complaints are legitimate. Though far outweighed by random garbage and rage. There are literally people buying the game, leaving a bad review because DRM and refunding, there were an abundance of those before steam wiped the reviews day one.

I personally haven't experienced any of the joy-stick simulation people seem to have outside of the main menu, upping sensitivity 15 ticks made it feel just fine.
    I did notice that the frame rate seems to impact your mouse though, only happened to me once when I turned on the volumetric rendering (which admittedly is bad and just tanks FPS).

Also after some time in the training grounds and keybinding, KB+M feel just fine too. My partner and brother are both using keyboard and like it more than controller. I use controller because it's easier couch gaming.

The multiplayer cutscenes thing really is just dumb, but once you get through the tutorial it's much easier to team up. Same as the PS4 version.

Haven't had any problems with connectivity myself either. So unsure about if that's a server or user side issue.

TLDR: Some complaints are valid but I really do feel most of the issues people are having could be solved by simply going through the options they give you.

walker_2003 likes this.
  14. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

USD$26 on humble bundle :p

$25 credit from humble monthly annual sub :p + 10% discount as subscriber

15. Snoochems

Snoochems Member

Copy and paste of my Steam review.

Damn - this game is amazing. Spent countless hours on MH4U on WiiU, and MHW on PS4. This version - is the BEST version of the game. For the loading times alone. The possibility to run at high res, high textures, at high FPS is also a bonus.

HOWEVER, the port is average at best. There is no 21:9 resolution. The mouse movement feels crap. The game doesn't run as well as it should. And then there are the random disconnects. And I can never join a game via the 'matchmake' feature.

Also, the game is missing all the new Monsters available on the consoles! AND there is no way to import your save from the consoles!

So, as much as I love this game, and this version of it IS THE BEST version - I can't give it a thumbs up. Hopefully, they fix at least some of the isues, and I'll happily change my mind.

Also - the story is garbage. And you can't skip it. And you can't skip the garbage banter each NPC tortures you with. God I hope there are mods for this.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  16. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Your review contradicts itself but yeah rubbish port.

17. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

I feel like i'm fighting the controls more than the monsters.... especially when i'm lugging a big ass heavy bow gun and then when i decide to get out of the way the character gets on the ground to fire.... out of range....why the fuck would it matter if my weapon is out of range? the monster is the size of a building? nope won't let you fire because you are out of range! oh i'm dead. GG

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018