Monster Hunter: World

Discussion in 'Game Consoles' started by RyoSaeba, Feb 28, 2018.

1. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Don't see a console thread on this. So anyone else playing this game? I would assume there'd be one already seeing that it's Capcom fastest selling game ever.

For those who don't know what it is, in a nutshell it's a 3rd person fantasy rpg where you go hunt monsters (looks like dinosaurs and dragons) and then use the materials you get from the monsters to craft better armors and weapons to hunt bigger monsters. Game premise is simple and story line is linear. However you are free to go hunt anything you feel like. There's single player and multiplayer option. You can team up with up to 3 other players to go on hunt or you can attend someone else SOS signals for help and help them take down a monster.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Hunter:_World

I've sank 160+ hours into it already. Finished the main game, now just doing the end game stuff.

2. power

power Member

3. OP
    OP
    RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

4. negatron

negatron Member

I've been playing on Ps4, I'm enjoying as I can only play it in bursts, so a quick hunt here or there works well for me.

5. OP
    OP
    RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

After 160+ hours... I discovered the Arena quests lol :lol:

6. MoMaN69

MoMaN69 Member

I'm about 140 hours about HR50, I've lost interest now though

7. OP
    OP
    RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Yeh once you finish the game, end game material is pretty much the same thing just harder. It's not necessary the best way to keep your player base unfortunately. I still play it a bit for the weekly stuff. Deviljho is coming soon, so that's at least something I'll look forward to.

8. prophey

prophey Member

How much real content before it gets overly repetitive? Keen to play this... not 100% sure...

9. OP
    OP
    RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

It is a grindy game. But i'll say it's well over 100 hours before it gets too repetitive. Usually you need to gear up before tackling next monster. So you need to farm x mobs a handful of times before moving on because you need certain parts to craft your armor/weapon to kill the next monster etc. The game play is pretty much the same through out the game. But you get the fight new monsters as you go pretty much all the way up until you get to the final boss. So it's not overly repetitive until that point. After the final boss carks it, the end game is just fighting harder version of the monsters you've already killed and farming higher end stuff to make weapons/armors even better. But there's no new weapons/armor sets after the final boss. You're just upgrading what you have. Saying that, if you don't rush it, you'll get a fair amount of game play out of it before hitting the last boss. Well worth the money.

10. OP
    OP
    RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

11. prophey

prophey Member

Hmm thanks for the write up.. while I would love to play it.. (played the original MH ages ago) I'm not sure I have 100 hours to invest.. took me nearly 8 months to finish FF15... and that was after leaving it in wrapper since release day. I also have to play Frozen Wilds expansion for H:ZD and just pre-ordered God of War... GAH TOO MANY GAMES AND NOT ENOUGH TIME!

12. Munki

Munki Member

I keep buying games yet I've been playing DoTA nightly...