Morrowind Patch Released

Discussion in 'General Software' started by PersianImmortal, Jun 20, 2002.

1. PersianImmortal

PersianImmortal Member

Long awaited official patch for Morrowind has been released. Download it from here

This patch is only for the US edition of Morrowind (for those of us who got the imports). I'm not sure if it's already incorporated into the Australian edition released today, but the european edition patch won't be released for a little while yet.

It's not designed to improve fps, however it has a long list of bug fixes and a few added features including a difficulty slider and health bar for oponents.

2. doolz

doolz Member

How do you find out what version you have ?

3. OP
    OP
    PersianImmortal

PersianImmortal Member

Best way is to check the documentation in your box. If it has US addresses, and the registration card has a US return address you have the US version. I think all those who ordered off the net (from places like Games Market) have the US version, like I do.

The Australian version was only released today, and may already be patched. Or it may be incompatible with the patch. Download the patch (3.2mb) and try. If you get an error message then wait for the european (non-US) version. Patching takes it from version 1.0 to version 1.1.0.605.

I patched my version and it works fine. The only problem is now I have to run it with the CD in the drive until a new NO-CD crack for this version.

4. noogabooga

noogabooga Member

yeah the US patch works fine with the Aus version... I get the same FPS with this patch compared to the old nocd version. So I'd imagine we'll get a few more fps when the safedisk patch becomes available

5. OP
    OP
    PersianImmortal

PersianImmortal Member

Check my tweak guide here at Morrowindfiles.com on how to improve fps and other tweaks. The last page of that guide contains details on the new patch, and where to get the new NOCD crack. Note that the new patch already removed safedisc from Morrowind (but kept the CD check), so when you install the new NOCD you'll have the same performance, just not the need to have the CD in the drive.