1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Mouse and Keyboard options?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by eastley, Mar 26, 2020.

1. eastley

eastley Member

Hi.

So I use logitech crap. A G903 and G910.

Having issues with both, just never seem to work all the time, could be software but who knows, I am at that point where I just want to move on from there crap and find something else.

As far as gaming stuff goes, what is the go to gear now? Corsair get's some bad rap for their software too, not sure what Razer is like these days?

Any other Keyboard and Mouse combo that is worth it?

2. terrastrife

terrastrife Member

Does it work without G Hub? G Hub is optional, you can save profiles onto the mouse and leave it at that.

Are you on a different mouse pad? If you tuned the mouse surface it may not like your new surface.

juzz86 likes this.
  3. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Corsair make really nice mechanical keyboards although they've got insanely expensive.

As for a mouse if you don't want Razer or Logitech then something like a Glorious Model O or D?

4. juzz86

juzz86 Member

I'll make recommendations off the back of both of these good points:

- G Hub is garbage. Go back to the last version of Logitech Gaming Software. This fixed all my connectivity, lighting and sensitivity issues with G910/G503/G933. No exaggeration there, either - stable ever since.

- Don't select a pre-tuned surface from LGS for your G503. I saw stuttering issues when I selected the G-series calibration from LGS for the G503. Set it to generic and it's been fine ever since.

A lot of the fringe features are spotty, so if you bought them for that then yeah I'd probably move on too. Corsair's software isn't much better, I've also got a K70 Lux and a Sabre and iCue drops out on boot on me, which I've not seen LGS do. SetPoint used to do it all the time though, so it's not a Corsair thing by any means.

Also, you'll need an account to customise Razer stuff :thumbup:

5. soung1234

soung1234 Member

Not sure about KB, but I can vouch for Cooler Master mice / software.

6. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I think they are competent. What logitech issues are you having? I bet it's wireless related if anything. No issues with any of the Logitech gear I have.

7. Zippy7

Zippy7 Member

Does it have to be a combo?
    I was using a Das Keyboard (very nice mechanical, but unpainted and no key lettering).
    Since WFH, I have now swapped to a Kogan mechanical as I need to see the keys, and the Kogan is backlit to boot.

For a mouse, I am still using my Logitech MX Master v2 (It did break down, but it was the thumb down bit that got unhappy - 1 youtube video helped me fix it).
    I bought a Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed when it first came out here.
    It is smaller in the hand, as well as lighter, and just doesnt feel as good to me (not my liking)
    So I went back to the Logitech.

There is no right and wrong, the best one is the one that you like to use. You may prefer a different feel.

8. VirtualNinja

VirtualNinja Member

Keyboard & mice are so subjective. I have a Rarer blackwidow Chroma keyboard, it's build quality is brilliant however 5 mins of use triggers carpal. My Razer ouroboros mouse on the other hand fits me like no other. I went to the point of buying spares for it as it is out of production. Cannot fault the Coolermaster masterkeys kb I am using.

9. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

I have the G903 with its accompanying flat-clicker, and the Cougar Vantar, which is a scissorswitch keyboard.
    I don't have any issue with the G903, as I use the LGS and keep all its config generic.
    As for the keyboard, its programming, including RGB, is built into the keyboard. No software required to manage it.

10. OP
    OP
    eastley

eastley Member

Found an old G500s in draw, using that but grabbed a K95 Platinum RGB today for $222. So all good!!