1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Moved to a Lancool 3 - need some advice on Anti-Sag brackets...

Discussion in 'PC Build Logs' started by RamboKazoo, May 20, 2024.

1. RamboKazoo

RamboKazoo Member

So i moved my system from the H200 TG Snow RGB case to a Lancool III as the H200 was getting a bit cramped. As you can see from the pic below the 4070Ti was sitting pretty much hard up against the front panel of the H200, But has plenty of room in the Lancool III.

I've always been paranoid about the "gpu sag" issues that some of these cards have and to be honest my card doesn't seem to even have the issue in the first place, but for some peace of mind i want to get some kind of anti-sag system going.

I already tried to use Lancool III Included kit that is basically like this HERE, but it wasn't compatible with my setup. It was supposed to screw into the motherboard but the holes that were for the stands that you are meant to screw into the motherboard did not line up with the bracket, i'm assuming its because my motherboard is small and the kit is made for larger motherboards that should be going into the Lancool III.

I tried to use other spots on the case and found that when screwing the stands in they just kept turning and didn't get tight so i just didn't bother with it at all, it didn't feel right.

So i need some suggestions on what gpu anti sag bracket you guys are using if any at all. I was going to go for either the ASUS ROG WINGWALL or the Cooler Master ELV8, But they don't have a bracket going down from them touching the case so i just feel like they will also sag, so you will just have a sagging gpu resting on a sagging anti-sag bracket?

Wingwall :

[​IMG]

ELV8 : ( i think this one looks the best tbh )

[​IMG]

Then there is ones like the DeepCool ST500 , which does have a support beam on the other side, so i think it would work fine, However i plan to throw 3x Lian Li infinity fans on the bottom and so the support beam will have to go between the fan and the gpu, so im not sure if the vibrations from both these things will cause some issues ?

Deep Cool :

[​IMG]

Also keep in mind whichever one i choose ill probably be taking it apart so i can powder coat the metal parts white.

Also ignore the black / yellow sata cables, i have white sleeved ones along with the white sleeved 24 pin and cpu cable coming in the mail.

Old Case

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

New case

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2024
  2. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Last edited: May 21, 2024
    RamboKazoo likes this.
  3. BIG DWIFTER

BIG DWIFTER Member

Lol at the gpu adapter.

What were they thinking? It's a monstrosity.

macktheknife and RamboKazoo like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    RamboKazoo

RamboKazoo Member

you talking bout the 1 into 3 plug? i also hate it. i mean... i like that i only have to plug ONE thing into the gpu..but it is fukin ugly lol

BIG DWIFTER likes this.
  5. Elmf

Elmf Member

I wouldn't bother worrying about minor sag when you've got a Matx board in a tall atx mobo. Travesty

If my gpu didn't come with an anti sag bracket I would have 3D printed black lego pieces and stacked them to the right height, I always thought that was a cool idea

RamboKazoo likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    RamboKazoo

RamboKazoo Member

Omg the lego idea....Why didn't i think of that!

Also with the motherboard, i want to change it at some point as uhhhh...i bent / snapped the last 2 pins in the usb 3 plug on the motherboard so i cant use the front usb ports on the case...doesn't really bother me as i never plug anything in there, but it just feels weird. i need to find a larger motherboard , that is similar colour scheme of mostly white.

Elmf likes this.
  7. Elmf

Elmf Member

The lego idea is a bit of fun too. If you're into the aesthetic you could use up alot of the bottom of that case that you've so kindly left thanks to the matx in atx case for a fucking lego starship haha

Bit of hot glue to keep them still, easy to remove doesn't damage anything yet holds strong

RamboKazoo likes this.
  8. Elmf

Elmf Member

9. OP
    OP
    RamboKazoo

RamboKazoo Member

10. Elmf

Elmf Member

RamboKazoo likes this.
  11. sanjay

sanjay Member

i wouldnt worry too much about sag, instead you need to get a full ATX mobo to fill out that case, and some cable extensions. i would route the 12v hwpr cable upwards to go through the hole that the 24 pin cable comes out of, which will pull the GPU up, rather than down.

maybe a better CPU cooler (although the wraith prism isnt too bad, depending what's sitting under it).

If you really want to protect against sag then just get one of these:

https://www.amazon.com.au/Graphics-...-lpcontext&ref_=fplfs&smid=AF6J66MPT6L93&th=1

RamboKazoo and Elmf like this.
  12. OP
    OP
    RamboKazoo

RamboKazoo Member

Never thought about the cables routing down like that might also influence sag downwards, but I think it looks a bit nicer.

The mobo will be changed eventually but the ones I looked at in the color and style I wanted were all about 300+ so will have to wait.

The prism cooler is actually decent and looks nice IMHO, but Ill be changing to a white A620 or AK620 at some point, they look nice and cool pretty good for their price, the xpu is a am5 7600, will snag a 7800X3D at some point though

sanjay and Elmf like this.
  13. Elmf

Elmf Member

I agree actually with sanjay, actually looks neater looping backwards and going back towards mobo, clean lines. But it's all personal preference

RamboKazoo likes this.
  14. sanjay

sanjay Member

in these circumstances, you can either care about looks, or you can care about sag. very hard to convincingly do both.

RamboKazoo likes this.
  15. Elmf

Elmf Member

Kinda disagree. There's ways of stopping sag that are really ugly, vs ones that just look OK. Some even subjectively good if you work it into a larger design

RamboKazoo likes this.
  16. sanjay

sanjay Member

unless you reckon there are ways of stopping sag that look better than "OK", i reckon you actually agree with me ;)

17. Elmf

Elmf Member

Well yeah posts earlier in my thread gave a few ideas :) like a lego stack. Even the one you linked can be put a bit further back and in a black build be almost invisible

I've also held gpus up with pop figures before. That looked cool

18. BIG DWIFTER

BIG DWIFTER Member

Or you just use the Lian Li anti sag bracket that connects to the motherboard.

Completely invisible.

Some ASRock motherboards come with one included too.

Elmf and sanjay like this.
  19. OP
    OP
    RamboKazoo

RamboKazoo Member

Already tried. It doesn't work with matx boards. ( at least not with mine )

20. BIG DWIFTER

BIG DWIFTER Member

That's because you didn't add an extra stand off in the place the bracket needs one.