MS Surface Laptop 3

Discussion in 'Portable & Small Form Factor' started by Zippy7, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Zippy7

Zippy7 Member

I had a quick search, but didn't find any threads on the Surface Laptop 3?

Is anyone seriously considering one of these?

I'm looking to replace my i7 2600 desktop, and the most tax effective is with a laptop.
    The surface laptop 3 seems to be quite pretty, slim, and reasonable performance with the i7 1065G7 cpu inside.
    Price vs specs are favourable compared to the macbook pro and even the Dell XPS 13 (noted its 14nm, not 10nm silicon).

I also was looking at the Surface Pro 7, but I don't really like the keyboard and is pricey for a hyper tablet.

Interested in hearing others thoughts on them.

2. OP
    OP
    Zippy7

Zippy7 Member

No buyers?
    I ordered one - got an educational discount too, then salary sacrificed it.
    Ended up buying a surface dock, which allows me to plug in my 2 monitors and run dualscreen.
    It's nice and light, a bit bigger than my old XPS13, but thinner and seems lighter.
    I like the aluminium finish in black.
    There doesn't seem to be any specific laptop cases for it (have to use a generic).

Also, MS has extended their 30 day returns policy for Christmas, so you can return through to the end of January (if you don't like it)

3. digamma

digamma Member

I was hanging out for a surface book 3, but alas, no luck this year. The surface line are great bits of kit and the laptops are excellent. You will love it, and with the dock, it just makes using it as a desktop replacement so much easier.