MSI GTX 560 ti HAWK temps

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by Gaddo, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Gaddo

Gaddo Member

Hey guys just after some advice again
    have the above card and it runs fantastic, just wondering what should be the max temp that it should get to ??
    as it is now at idel its sitting at 36 c but playing BC2 @ 1920x1080 with everything on max it gets to around 83c is this temp ok?
    i have tryed to find the max temp but cant sem to find one any advice would be great thanks.

Gaddo

2. Linkin

Linkin Member

Up to 105c is fine but lower is better for longevity.

3. Autti

Autti Member

83c is quite high considering it is winter now.

What case is it in?

83c is a safe operating temperature though

4. SniperOZ

SniperOZ Member

Yeah seems high:Paranoid:, ...although still with in safe tolerance
    what sort off volts you putting through it and what are the clocks, (Core/ mem)

If your putting high volts through it its understandable, but if your running stock volts.....theres something wrong, ......is the fan ramping up under load?,

and as Autti ^ said whats you air flow in the case like?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  5. NNNG

NNNG Member

I have the same card.

At stock settings it got to 92 degrees in 3d mark 11. I thought was my case that was the problem, so I opened it and pointed a pedestal fan at full power directly at the card. Still got load temps of over 80 after just one pass. This is weird, because most reviews say that the card reaches around 70 or less (even much less) under-load and that was without a pedestal fan...

Does it void the warranty changing the thermal paste?

Should I RMA?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  6. Bertross

Bertross Member

Depends on your case and airflow. If you have a small case with little airflow it will pocket air fast and get hot. Seems about 15˚ to high for a Hawk Cooler.

83 is fine.

7. Cuddlesaw

Cuddlesaw Member

Wow, my GTX 570 tops out at 68c with a custom fan profile.

Use MSI afterburners fan control settings to adjust to what you find tolerable in sound\cooling and if it still climbs that high RMA the card.

8. NNNG

NNNG Member

100% fan speed, 4500 rpm and 85-95 load. Tried pedestal fan pointed at card at full power, card got to like 82. Ridiculous. trying to RMA now.

The cards clearly have issues:
    http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=149861.0
    http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=149617.0
    http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=148854.0

Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  9. Ice009

Ice009 Member

I thought PC Case Gear allow you to RMA products as long as you have the receipt. I recall another forum member in a For Sale thread saying he did it a while ago. That sucks if they don't allow you to RMA the card.

10. NNNG

NNNG Member

Yes. I always thought warranty was to the product not the customer... :rolleyes:

PCCG want the original owner to apply for warranty on my behalf... I really cannot find the reasoning behind this. If I have the receipt it should be OK. I don't see why not. If going through scorptec (MSI distributor) doesn't work out I'll get the original owner to apply for warranty for me... just don't have the time at the moment - going to the US on Wednesday. :)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  11. Del3ct1

Del3ct1 (Banned or Deleted)

Hi NNNG, by law they cannot do that, ACCC states that if the item was purchased from them regardless of whos name is on the invoice, they must accept the item for RMA.

I also believe there is a MSI rep on OCAU but i do not know his name sorry.

12. firewizard

firewizard Member

For RMA returns you can skip the store and distributor and go directly through us.

You can get in touch with our RMA team at ausrma@msi.com or alternatively feel free to PM me and I can try help you out as well.

13. Frontl1ne

Frontl1ne Member

Nice to see MSI support on these forums, will definitely be considering them for my next upgrade :thumbup:

14. NNNG

NNNG Member

Getting upgraded to MSI GTX 570 OC. :D MSI ftw.

Now just need a new CPU, mobo, RAM and case. :\

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  15. BlueRaven

BlueRaven member

Dear MSI,

My GTX 560 Ti Hawk also appears to have some issues. When the computer is on I can hear a whirring noise, and I can feel warm air coming from the back of the card. I took the side panel of the computer off and also noticed what appears to be some dust on the graphics card.

Please send my replacement GTX 570 OC to my email address.

Thank you,
    Derek Funtmungler

:lol:

EDIT: To add something useful to the thread, my 560 Ti Hawk sees around 75C under F@H at stock (at around 22C - 23C ambient) wth the fan at around 70% on auto. Raising the clocks to 1050/2100 with a +30mV overvolt takes it up to around 78C with the fan manually set to 100%.

Killer card, but yeah... a little noisy. I don't much care about the noise though, since it's about to have a waterblock slapped on it. :D

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  16. Ice009

Ice009 Member

Same here. Really want to try MSI cards out, and now I might for my next upgrade.

PCCaseGear really should accept that RMA if the guy has the receipt. They are just screwing him around for no reason at all IMO.

I asked Scorptec once if I could sell some hardware to a friend, would they still provide warranty for him if he ever had a warranty issue, and they said as long as he had the receipt then they had no problem with that at all.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011