MSI Seahawk 2080 Ti

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by {V|PER}, Aug 1, 2019.

1. {V|PER}

{V|PER} Member

Anyone got an MSI Seakhawk 2080 Ti? I haven't had a lot of luck finding reviews etc, I'm trying to decide if I should buy a cheaper 2080Ti like the MSI ventus, and then put a EK waterblock on it. Or if I should just go for the MSI Seahawk EK 2080 TI.

Are manufacturers voiding warranty these days on waterblocked cards?

kemshall likes this.
  2. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

It's already got an EK waterblock on it.

or are you talking about an AIO version?

3. OP
    OP
    {V|PER}

{V|PER} Member

Yeah sorry, so the one with the pre fitted EK waterblock one I'm particularly interested in.
    I'm tossing up if I should get one, or if I should go down the path of a cheaper 2080Ti and then put like an EK Vector block on it to add into my loop.

All I've been able to find is a few horror stories about high temps on the pre fitted MSI EK one, which isnt a great sign but possibly the vocal minority. I'd really like to see what others temps are like.

4. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

If you're confident enough to swap out fans on a stock card for a block of your choice then I'd do that, you can get a known good reviewing card then get a good reviewing block and put it on perfectly.

5. OP
    OP
    {V|PER}

{V|PER} Member

Yeah this might be the way I go.

6. bobsled

bobsled Member

Also, your resale value will likely be higher on a card fitted with the fan assembly (very niche market will do custom loops, and far fewer again would buy an outdated second hand card to watercool)

Better to buy the Ventus and block it, then when you upgrade, re-fit the fans and sell both the card and block separately. Much higher return IMO.

Dilbery likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    {V|PER}

{V|PER} Member

Yeah I hadn't considered that, I always end up selling the hardware at some stage to so that makes a fair bit of sense.

8. Dilbery

Dilbery Member

FWIW I'm pretty sure all the MSI 2080/Ti cards are reference design so just go with the cheapest one.

9. bobsled

bobsled Member

10. OP
    OP
    {V|PER}

{V|PER} Member

I was thinking the same. I've always had Gigabyte cards and never had an issue, kind of leaning that way now.
    Although the Ventus from MSI is pretty cheap (if that's possible for RTX 2080Ti's). Wondering if a waterblock was slapped on the Ventus what the performance would be like in comparison to the Aorus cards, which are clocked higher from factory. I don't think the chips are binned or anything are they? The higher clocks are normally as bobsled said, BIOS and power limits?

11. rvrftw

rvrftw Member

No one seems to be binning chips any more, and if you are putting a water block on it, you might as well get the cheapest GPU that supports your water block.

nope likes this.
  12. ghusko

ghusko New Member

less power phases than other cards cards in the same price bracket wont be as stable in the OC department, 15 or 16 from memory compared to 19 like some of the out of the box extreme OC cards