MSSQL / SQL practice and answers

Discussion in 'Programming & Software Development' started by Mifferz, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Mifferz

Mifferz Member

So I need to improve my SQL skills, are there any good online sites which give tutes/activities with answers? And provides downloadable tables so I can practice.

Yes I'm a big baby and want my hand held

2. zach

zach (Banned or Deleted)

3. OP
    OP
    Mifferz

Mifferz Member

Thanks, will take a look at them.

Yep and selects based on conditions, and heaps more advanced stuff.

Background: I did basic SQL at uni years ago, my last job I rarely wrote my own SQL, and when I did I usually looked at previous scripts written by others and had to spend heaps of time googling.

Current job requires a lot more of SQL writing so here I am

4. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

SQL is rediculously easy to learn if you just need to pull/manipulate specific data. It's really only when you need to be creating the most efficient/optimised queries that it gets a bit whacky :) So don't stress too much... just run with the links above and play around with the adventureworks stuff. You'll be smashing out data/reports/etc in no time :)

5. SchRAMBO

SchRAMBO Member

HeidiSQL Is bloody awesome for importing an SQL database and then able to query it with one liner SQL commands and instantly see the outcome. I'm no SQL guru either but I find this helpful for learning too.

I'm the same with Mifferz, hardly touch the stuff and just hack other peoples scripts and the power of Google-fu.

6. rm -rp ./Matt*

rm -rp ./Matt* Member