MSY GPU bargains ? 20% discount in store

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by kot0005, Jun 8, 2018.

1. nope

nope Member

Oh yeah i staunched PCCG hard they sent me black vengeance 3200 but their too nice (and melb cucks) so im not too hard on them, their sensitive ;)

2. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Scorptec are great.

nope likes this.
  3. nope

nope Member

never had a good return with anyone but pccg

4. cdtoaster

cdtoaster Member

PC Case Gear is also either clearing out 1080Tis or just trying to get rid of old models. i've been watching the number of models and several have disappeared over the last week, they were reduced in price to as low as 999. from what i saw the models were marked as discontinued on the manufacturers' websites. i think the combination of this and and the lather jacket guy's comment that they won't be announcing a major new card anytime soon spurred the sales.

the comments also left me in a awkward position has i was very interested in the 1080ti, having bought one then returning it as it appeared to have been used. i then decided to wait until the new cards were to arrive so i'm only running a 1050ti, which while surprisingly capable is not able to meet my demands.

5. DarkSnipa

DarkSnipa Member

You can always grab a gtx 1060 to holdup til the new card arrives, you dont lose out that much compare to getting a gtx1080 right now.

nope likes this.
  6. nope

nope Member

1060 is crap in mid-late 2018 breh

Sinisstar likes this.
  7. Gus the Mus

Gus the Mus Member

Just picked up an MSI 1080ti at MSY for $924. Pretty happy with that considering what pricing has been like.

8. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

So the pricing on their website is NOT the discounted price or do you have to call them for a price?

9. Gus the Mus

Gus the Mus Member

No, pricing on the website is the normal price. Price instore is 20% off those prices. The card I bought was listed at $1155 online and cost me $924 instore. No need to call, just check stock on their website and then head in. You can't order it online or reserve stock, you just have to turn up.

As a side note, going from a 980Ti to a 1080Ti is a nice upgrade! :)

10. nope

nope Member

low 900s isnt bad but keep in mind the 1180 is dropping soon and will probably cost the same or less for more perf and the 1180 after that

11. Gus the Mus

Gus the Mus Member

Yeah but there's always something just around the corner. The 980Ti has served me well for the last two+ years and so will the new 1080Ti. Nothing concrete on when the 1180 will be launched either and I thought they just said it won't be anytime soon.

nope likes this.
  12. nope

nope Member

hell my 1080 has lasted the better part of almost 2 years. i think its very important to plan ahead when buying gpu's especially when the price of the 1080ti is gonna fall through the floor the instant that 1180 is in peoples hands.

13. Sinisstar

Sinisstar Member

I can't wait until 1080Ti's come down in price, I'm going to grab one pronto....it should last me a couple of years.

nope likes this.
  14. nope

nope Member

Yeah, lucky i am not in that position, imho the 1080ti and was always overpriced because of the lack of competition from RTG.