Mud, glorious mud

Discussion in 'The Gallery' started by amsm, Aug 9, 2010.

1. amsm

amsm Member

I haven't posted any pics for a while, as most of my shooting recently has been kids' sports which aren't of interest to most unless they're your kids.

These are a bit more general though. From the end-of-season picnic for the footy.

Boys wil be boys.

Sugared-up boys who haven't seen much mud in their lives, which have basically been spent in drought times, are even worse ! :wired::wired::wired:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  2. Goobers

Goobers Member

3 is great, love the suspended mud.

3. Digit

Digit Member

oh god that looks like so much fun haha, being 18 would i still be allowed to have a run ??

4. OP
    OP
    amsm

amsm Member

There were a couple of the Dads involved too, so I don't see why not ?:lol::lol::lol::lol:

5. Opti

Opti Member

Its funny you say that. Earlier in the year we were on holiday and drove through a country town who's water restrictions were obviously lax as they have sprinklers on watering their grass. My seven year old daughter see a sprinkler and asks me what's that thing on their grass leaking all that water. After that I realised she'd never seen a sprinkler in her life, or never had the pleasure of playing on the lawn on a hot summers day while the sprinker is going.

6. BuD

BuD Member

great shots showing kids right in thier element having fun

7. OP
    OP
    amsm

amsm Member

Yeah, it's kinda sad isn't it ? Which is not to say that wasting water is good, but water fights and sprinkler games were heaps of fun :p

They were having a ball, although the shirtless penguin-slide was apparently a bit scratchy :p

I was actually pleasantly suprised that their parents were allowing them to do it. Too many these days would be horrified at the dirt. I guess if you let your kid play footy, you mustn't be too mud-averse to start with.

8. ZXR

ZXR Member

There were some kids at an oval in Goulburn recently having a splash around in the mud like this and the park rangers came along and told them they couldn't because they were wrecking the green playing surface. The dumb thing was that they weren't actually on the field area, they were next to the changerooms where no-one would actually be walking/playing. Stupid councils and their stupid rules!

I think #3 is the pick for me with the mud splatter frozen mid flight and the look on the kids face. Brilliant!

-ZXR