Multiple screens?

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Sledge, Dec 4, 2018.

1. OP
    OP
    Sledge

Sledge Member

2. OP
    OP
    Sledge

Sledge Member

Good going harvey normans...
    obviously employee of the week...

3. Talaii

Talaii Member

From what I remember, dual-link adapters generally require extra power and are expensive. Dual-link DVI has more pins at a lower signalling rate than Displayport, so it needs a fair bit of work to convert; whereas most Displayport sources can just output HDMI/DVI single-link if you wire the adapter up right.

The one example I can find of a proper dual-link adapter is the Startach one. There are some others that advertise it. but may or may not work - if you look at the reviews, it seems to work for some people and not for others. Not sure how nice amazon is with returns - it might be worth trying something like that if you can return it if it doesn't measure up.

4. OP
    OP
    Sledge

Sledge Member

I would have thought that when 1 screen is turned off the PC would be smart enough to know, and not allow the mouse to go off the edge to the other screen, and put everything from that screen back to the main screen.
    But it's as though both screens are in use and i can go to the other screen without it being on... bummer