MX700 mouse & Mouseware Software

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by Fuboo, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Fuboo

Fuboo Member

I decided to bite the bullet and get myself a MX700 mouse.

Just have 2 questions -

1) Is it worth while installing the Mouseware software? ATM I'm just running off the standard windows xp software and all the buttons work on the desktop except for the alt-switch button. I haven't had much of a chance to try it in game.

2) Is it worth while replacing the batteries that come with the mouse with some better Nihm batteries?

Just wondering what ppl think.

2. smack01

smack01 Member

The batteries that come with the mouse are fine they do the job well and its not worth spending the money on replacements.

With the mouseware software from what i have experienced it wont let you use any of the additional buttons within games. This is what i have found with Quake 3 and GTA Vice City.

3. cohnsy

cohnsy Member

i don't use the mouseware software because it doesn't let you setup your buttons and acceleration in games properly. there are many threads and a few internet sites about this problem. most people just run with the default xp drivers though.

4. Tenoq

Tenoq Member

Without a doubt. If you don't install these drivers, your mouse will be stuck on 400DPI (the default for Microsoft mice... thus, with Microsoft drivers... u get it). So to use the full 800DPI capability of this mouse, you need to at least install the drivers, if not the software. Look at it this way - if you don't - u ripped urself off by forking out for the MX series ;)

You can download an Advanced Utility from Logitech:
    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?p...ID=1&softwareid=6819&countryid=1&languageid=1

This will give you more control over functions for your mouse during game. Make sure you've got the latest drivers to go with it.

5. DiZZ_19

DiZZ_19 Member

I think MouseWare is one of those hit and miss affairs, particularly in games.
    Under Win98 its rather useless as it only ever detects 2 buttons + scroll wheel in HL-based games.
    In 2k\XP however Ive seen all 5 buttons operational in all types of games and at the same time not work at all :p

Its just one of those things I guess.

And id agree with what Tenoq said: you're really wasting one of the mouse's best features.

EDIT: while were all here we may as well talk about button configs. Ive got scroll click assigned to QuickSwitch and the actual QuickSwitch button to Close Aps.
    Pure class :) :thumbup:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2003
  6. cohnsy

cohnsy Member

that advanced setup app from logitech works very nicely, cheers for that tenoq.

7. Iceman

Iceman Member

1. Yes, it's a touch buggy but the latest versions are a lot better then previous, ignore the bad things youve heard.

2. While the bright blue babies look cheep and cheerful they are actually from a rather large manufacturer and are quite good.

8. happyhero

happyhero (Banned or Deleted)

9. mxxx

mxxx Member

got my MX500 yesterday, installed the mouseware... all was good.

first thing i noticed though, it screwed with my games quite badly. instead of using the scroll wheel to change weapons (for example), i gotta use the cruise control scroll buttons. very annoying.

there's also some other quirks i noticed whilst gaming, i'll try uninstalling the software tonight and seeing how it goes.

10. Dilligaf666

Dilligaf666 Member

Sorry I cant rememebr the exact thing

but wheni installed my MX700 I had some little issues - I went to the logitech site and found a little program that I installed that fixed the issues - if someone else can remember what that was - it may be helpful

11. Tenoq

Tenoq Member

I think that'd be the advanced utility proggie I posted above ;)

12. zoomzoom

zoomzoom (Banned or Deleted)

if u are playing cs then dun install the mouse software...stuffs up your cs...:D

13. OP
    OP
    Fuboo

Fuboo Member

How does it stuff up CS?

14. happyhero

happyhero (Banned or Deleted)

15. influx

influx Member

do not install the logitech software
    it was written by trained monkeys and has more issues than you can throw a hat at
    install the drivers and if you must have button mapping functionality install microsoft's intellipoint software

16. shock_

shock_ Member

Mouseware is working fine for me... I dunno what all your problems are.

17. Memph

Memph Member

im very picky as to how my mouse feels in CS...
    Like the littlest bit of acceleration or a tiny bit too fast i will notice..

It took me ages and ages to find the perfect setup when i got my mx500..

Intructions for correct DPI and Accelerationless CS

extract the mw975enu.exe (i found this driver worked best) (from the logitech site) to a folder. Then get into Device manager and update the mouse drivers through that. then click on the WinXP folder and find the correct inf file (or what ever it is that is) called 'somethingUSB'

then reboot

After doing that. get into the registry editor and change:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > ControlSet001 > LMouFlt2 > Parameters > OpticalMouse > 0000

in there change:

Acceleration : OFF
    MouseSpeedX : 70
    MouseSpeedY : 70
    Resolution: 8

you need to also change those 4 things in ControlSet003 and CurrentControlSet.

Reboot again

Then change your windows sensitivity back to half way..

Then your set.. it was only after doing that i found the mouse to perfect. :)

EDIT: Oh. and if your doing this for accelerationless CS. Make sure to add -noforcemparms -noforcemaccel -noforcemspd to the command line of your CS. or in parameters for server query :)

Hope that helps someone.
    Cheers

Last edited: Sep 7, 2003
  18. shock_

shock_ Member

[Agg edit: WHY did you feel the need to quote an entire HUGE post that appears directly above yours?]

I reckon it wasn't the mouse tweaking that got you back to your usual 1337n355 - it was all the CS practice between variable adjustments ;) :leet:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2003
  19. Memph

Memph Member

maybe :)..

but in all seriousness.. the mouse after doing all that is a whole heap better than XP drivers and mouseware and what not..

easily the best solution

20. Amfibius

Amfibius Member

You mentioned that you may want to change the batteries of the MX700. Be aware that these are 1.2 V 1700mAH AA-sized batteries. You cannot just drop normal Energizers in as those are 1.5V and will fry your mouse. There is a warning about batteries somewhere in the manual.