My Active Desktop :)

Discussion in 'Programming & Software Development' started by StratosFear, Feb 7, 2003.

1. OP
    OP
    StratosFear

StratosFear Member

Sorry to bump this thread but did anyone save a copy of this desktop

[​IMG]

I feel like going back to Active Desktop and would prefer not to reinvent the wheel...

A bit odd that i'm requesting my own work but I lost it :(

2. Narcoticx2

Narcoticx2 Member

i, too, have decided to get back into active desktops...

i stopped ever since my 30gb IMB deathstar hard drive died and took everything down with it. i think it's time to get one going again though, for ease of use and also to help myself get a little organised.. one could say it'll be a bit like a diary/calendar for me.

So yeah, i was wondering if anyone could PM me and help me with things like a weather script (used this one lots), calendar, a notepad sorta thing and perhaps a tv script if anyone ever got that working properly. It'll probably take me a few months to get it all how i want but i think it'll be worth it in the end.

Cheers.

3. Great_Guru

Great_Guru Member

With the recent emails I've been getting saying the My Active Desktop :) topic has been revived I can't help but itch to do it again myself I still have some of my desktops I "think" even if I don't I would consider creating a new one.

But the problem is in the setup of the permissions in regard to security and such for Active Desktop, because it seems that ntfs.org no longer exists so I am unable to get the information to setup the "my computer" security settings.

There might have been some other titbits to setup as well which I don't remember so in essence was wonder if anyone happened to backup the page (html/mht etc) or at least the body of it?

Any help would be great, cheers :D

<Edit> Searched these places so far, ntfs.org / osnn.net / xp-erience.org / madmatt.org , pretty much everywhere that was linked to ntfs.org originally and over time. </Edit>

<Edit-2>More searching around has lead me to http://www.active-desktop.net which seems to hold all the information I need to get back in the swing of things :thumbup: </Edit-2>

Last edited: Apr 26, 2005
  4. mrees

mrees Member

<Edit-2>More searching around has lead me to http://www.active-desktop.net which seems to hold all the information I need to get back in the swing of things :thumbup: </Edit-2>[/QUOTE]

May be a stupid question, but how do i use the XML examples that are on that site, on my desktop? do i need some software running that will allow me to use XML files rather than HTML?

5. Mac

Mac Member

anyone had any luck with weather scripts lately?

6. f3n1x

f3n1x Member

The picture doesn't seem to be working for me.

7. Ahux

Ahux Member

I have written a vb script that scrapes data from weatherzone.com.au and punches it into some HTML files if you are interested.

It was for my MCE box but i never got around to finishing it...

8. Taint

Taint Member

I seem to be having issues.

When I click on a button to load a menu the screen flashes white while loading the next page.

Is there any way to stop this occurring?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2006
  9. Mac

Mac Member

Yeah ta that'd be good. Post em up if you'd like to share with everyone.

I've been messing with some of the exsiting scripts that were posted earlier in the thread but i've just made a bigger mess of them really...