My Astro City Project

Discussion in 'Retro & Arcade' started by Revenger, Apr 14, 2015.

1. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

Very interested in this. Can you tell me if it does progressive scan 15KHz output?

Every downscaler I've seen spits out an interlaced image, which I hate.

[edit] Never mind, read the specs. 480i output. :upset:

2. OP
    OP
    Revenger

Revenger Member

Here is the info from eBay on the page I looked at in english I just grabbed a quick link above.

I'll pick one up later to play with as they are super common on eBay as for CGA 15K P I don't know unfortanlty.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  3. OP
    OP
    Revenger

Revenger Member

WARNING: If you are skirmish of modifying and cutting up original components for enhanced functionality please turn away now.

If not please proceed.

Now onto the update.

First of all over the Christmas period I emotionally fell really hard into unspeakable territory with depression etc, yes I tried to do stuff in some way, no it didn't work nor was I hurt as I'm posting this, yes I have been put onto help because of it but its a choice if I want it or not and yes I still feel like crap in some way.
    Basically its a mix of appreciation and reciprocation issues I have which has been ongoing for a number of years both online and off (being thanked, acknowledged, accepted, given a chance etc), also my current life and feelings towards most things.
    It's something that constantly is on my mind and hurts me even if I feel good for a while its still always there.
    So If I come across as needy that's because I want to be thanked and acknowledged and it upsets me a lot when I do things either for others or myself which I would like to be acknowledged and it seems that people don't care even telling it to my face at times etc, as it makes it worse in which I have had over the last few months.
    So appologies if I seen like some needy guy who wants respect as its a ongoing issue for me that has lead to the above with certain things.

So the worklog, More purchases from RS and Giz10P and list updated at the top, google sheets always is updated and looked at every day or so by me and you can follow the full progress on there on what I have bought and whats left to buy and amounts etc etc its my main and only parts worksheet and is open to you all to view anytime you want.

This thread is over 9,000 views now lets get it to the magical 10k views, I would like to give back something to the community if this thread gets recognition it deserves for a arcade work-log so pm me with some suggestions and spread the word etc.

I got all the components for the admin panel, the buttons not all I took out of the packages as I re-packaged them 2 at a time as the pins are pretty fragile but I assure you I have all 6.
    Every component fits perfectly on my scale drawing I did before I had any component so that shows I got my initial drawings right.

Click to view full size!

Here is all the purchases together some still wrapped the 10 pin Amps Male and Female and 3 pin ones that RS don't stock as well as other parts some duplicates from RS as you had to buy 10 of them.

All the dips seem really cool and lightly wiped the blue ones on the top of the switch with isopropyl alcohol as I thought they came a little sticky I believe they were new old stock from a surplus store on eBay.

The LED button's that's the top and don't they look lovely ;)

Click to view full size!

I checked spacing as I was worried about space underneath the admin panel for the lock, the original lock used a stair -|_ bracket from the barrel but I can get away with a straight slide lock if needed as you can see it allows more room above to give me more space (can anyone tell me why the stair is used instead of a straight slide from the barrel like this image?)

Click to view full size!

Here is the drill about to go into the control panel to start cutting the admin panel out, yes its not a image to make you flinch.
    I had a quick think and a deep breath that this is it no turning back now just before we started.

Click to view full size!

4 holes drilled ready for the jigsaw.

Click to view full size!

Panel cutting time, we cut it undersize to be on the safe side for now and will file it to whats needed, afterwards we did a lot of filing to clean up the initially cut.

Click to view full size!

We put the 100 yen sticker on just as a check on stuff and you would never know what was done. from the outside.

Click to view full size!

Until the sticker is moved.

Click to view full size!

There is still heaps of work and the cut is under half done so far the underneath has to be all cut from the molding and filed for smoothing and everything nicely filed, then all the new molding and stuff has to be done so there is still quite a lot to do.

Chatting to my dad about the cut and mounting of the lid we went through a few ideas such as a removable one etc which I mentioned the lid could be lost that way.
    As such my heart is set on a fixed lid on a hinge just in case this cab ever gets a invite somewhere so no-one can rip it off also to look like its a proper integrated design into the cab so he suggests steel with magnets and hinges on the back to flip it up, which was my thoughts about it right from the start.

Here is just some card as a teaser and so we could get a visual idea ourselves.

Click to view full size!

That's the updates for now and Thursday plan to do more work on on that cut with my rotary tool which is why we didn't do more today as I didn't have it with me.

I hope these images eases anyone's thoughts and worries if I'm going to completely ruin this control panel with this admin mod as I had a couple on another forum worry about that.

You can see the 100 Yen sticker hides the cut which is what I want and from the other side we will mold it so its appropriate and to look manufactured from both sides inside and out.

Really feel free to chime in on this project with any views.

On another slightly topic my dad has had the parts for a CNC machine for ages I'm going to help him build as I can use it also to make the control panels and CP box, as well mby a better alligned back panel etc.

FrancoB (well known guy I mentioned) over at Arcade Otaku is going to draw up a 2L16B panel in CAD on my and a couple other requests from people for it, which he will add to his collection of panel CAD files.
    With the CNC machine I may be able to do some jobs making panels etc for people on a special request if I like you, so that possibility may be there.

I'll make my own trackball / spinner panel CAD design when the time comes.

Thinking a cheap Dell 780 I can get for $110 for use for another system and a initial arcade system till I can afford something better for more power hungry games, so thoughts?

Overall project is coming along bit by bit and hopfully I'm delivering to you all on my plans.

I also looked at the RetroArch emulator last night briefly, can't comment on it just yet but seems pretty good and plays Tales of Phantasia SNES using the BSNES core without issue on the intro, which that game is one of the hardest and worst to emulate on different emulators I found.

Also looking out of interest for game controllers, I found a 24 button gamepad by Elcom in the usual PlayStation etc design I was thinking of getting to see what its like. For info it has 10 trigger buttons.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  4. OP
    OP
    Revenger

Revenger Member

A old reply to my thread I replied to months ago but wanted to acknowledge it again as I thought about this post and today I was looking at this exact thing thing, getting everything to sit flush and have a image to show in my worklog below.

Today was a week of 3 medical appointments over that stuff I mentioned in last post with more to come over the next few weeks. Feeling pretty awkward and uncomfortable about things.

My psychologist suggests I dive into this arcade project and keep at it as a means to lessen the effect of the pain and hurt I've been going through which lead me up to trying to do 'things' a couple weeks ago and something with goals I can achieve with milestones I can celebrate and be proud of.

Here is the back just after we started today I did all the work with my rotary tool. this is what I was meaning about more stuff to do.

Click to view full size!

From there I had a look at placement of items roughly.

There isn't enough room for the original stair lock so I'll have to use the straight lock instead and we will work that into the design which will work the same way as before.

We went over a few designs for the admin panel with slight tension about it on what I wanted to do and my dad thinking I was picky and not accepting his suggestions and should design it myself kinda thing which I was unsure of myself and I nearly got really depressed and could have snapped due to the tension buildup and stuff.

But in the end my dad presented a reasonable solution that pleased me with using a small project box and molding it onto the bottom of the control panel and putting the lock on there.

He pretty much satisfied all my requirements I had with my thoughts on design that I wanted it to look like it was a manufactured piece to the design and that it must be presentable from both sides.

Click to view full size!

While that tension was there before we eventually worked out the design I worked a bit more on the cut to clean it up and to try to relax a little and calm down I did a bit more after this photo but came out quite reasonable.

The cleanup and initial cuts wen't perfect and dug in a little but that can be fixed up with some type of putty and bonding when the box goes on.

There still is some cutting to do when we get to actually molding the box and putting the hinges etc to make sire the panel is done right but its initially now done pending proper refinement for sizing etc.

Click to view full size!

Urbansprawl asked about getting the components flush and we laid the components out and without really thinking about his post both dad and me agreed they need to be flush to the the same height to be presentable, accessible and properly done, the thing is the pins are all at different levels so we will work around that somehow which we have agreed to do together, so that is a confirmed thing that the components will be flush to the same height level.

Here is a pic I took of working out the heights and you can see what I mean about the pins being different heights.

Excuse that some are misaligned in the image, but yes they will be all nearly the same level to the top if not a little difference based on panel mounting.

Click to view full size!

The thing now is my dad is building a CNC machine, we both questioned this admin panel if we should build the machine first and cut the actual panel insert over the circuitry out using that rather than manual cutting that way it would be accurate and done properly.

I also mentioned to him I would like to redo the back panel on the CNC machine to get it straight and nicely done.

These are small jobs we can do before the big CP jobs.

I think that's the way I want to go so for now I have to find other things on the cabinet to work on so any ideas what I should be doing to keep going?

I was hoping the admin panel first then go from there and the switching circuit to the master admin button switchboard then the wiring and move onto another part of the cabinet and go from there bit by bit till its complete but now my brain is messed up with order and have to find other stuff on the cabinet to do for now to keep the projerct going while we do the CNC machine on the side and plan and do more on the admin stuff where we can.

I also looked at wiring stuff as I need a extra 100+ wires going round the system and thought where I could wires from or if its better to just buy a bunch of Deluxe Jamma harnesses like 5 of them from Highway etc at $12 each and reuse the wiring for all my stuff instead of buying brand new wiring. This way I get multiple wiring colors for my own cable runs so ideas?

There's still a bit to do with planning various things and more modifications like the new control panel harness brackets and the second one etc but that stuff is more when I start thinking of putting the system back and how that all will fit in together rather than stuff that needs to be done before the rebuild starts.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  5. MUTMAN

MUTMAN Member

Nice to see the machine continues to evolve :thumbup:

will the 100yen plate be held in by gravity ? magnets ?

6. OP
    OP
    Revenger

Revenger Member

Trying to keep it going even more so now after the last month etc and my emotional state.

It's slowly coming along but feels like its stalling due to my own skills and decision making and just awkwardness of how to about what I am doing as we are remaking the CP harness bracket and putting on a second one, both will be a slight bit towards the Blast City Style hopfully.

We were thinking the small rare earth magnets for the lid to catch it but I would love a small spring so its a push catch but don't know how we would go about achieving that.
    Any ideas?

I'm going to need to take measurements and scan the panel so I can try / mock some stuff up in AutoCAD as well as make the panel for the stuff to go through.

I don't know the best to go about this so if anyone who has done home fabrication modding then you guys can chime in and give me pointers for making stuff.

This is the stuff I'm not good at designing or making things like this, I'm more better taking what we have and coming up with the initial rough ideas like cable sleeving and the 16 button panel and what I want just not the technical how to implement it details and order to do things.

I played around with Franco's 2L12B AutoCAD template and modified it to the 2L16B panel as we are building a CNC machine here and I kinda need to learn a little, I sent it to Franco for properly checking sometime (no rush) with the X/Y placement of the 2 layouts on the panel and will check myself again.

But here is a image of the very slight template modifications of what I did do yesterday.
    Player 2 seems a bit off from player 1 and why I asked Franco to check just to confirm everything and if anyone has a official Virtua Stick Pro that has the 2L16B panel to get the starting joystick measurements.

Click to view full size!

I am also going to build a 2 player trackball & spinner combined panel, it won't be Sega spec as they never made a panel like that in 2 player form but I will be doing it for all the other types of games that use those controls.
    That will be after this project is completed and stuff like that template, spare parts even helping to make a few panels and stuff on the CNC is something I may consider to release, do, or give to others based on the ongoing community response towards me and the project.
    I'm a type of person if I'm doing and learning things for myself I want to share and give back where I can as long as people reciprocate it back towards me etc.

Pretty much need something to get stuck into to work on as all this fabrication work I was hoping to do before a good cleanup and putting the cabinet back together but seems we may need the CNC machine to do this very small stuff.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  7. OP
    OP
    Revenger

Revenger Member

Ok an update on the panel CAD files I modified from FrancoB's public ones.

Franco has given the go ahead for release of the files I modified if I want which I'm fine with.

The placement isn't exact of the layouts to X/Y but he feels they are good enough given the panel scan I used that is on the wiki's.
    So this will suffice until someone provides a more accurate measurement on where the layouts sit.

For OCAU just to try to be nice as some in other areas think I'm stuck up etc, I'm giving you the full packaged CAD zip file with everything, all the layers I used to help modify FrancoB's CAD file.

Franco himself has added a A4 sizing print guide box to the image here he is hosting for people who are making panels themselves.

I put it on pix also so I can show it in this thread.

Click to view full size!

The green box is the footprint of the stick, red is the A4 guide.

Here is a image of the 2L16B DXF file.

Click to view full size!

My files on my google drive for you guys are here and are just under 7MB which includes everything from AutoCAD file template scans even a exported DXF for people without AutoCAD.
    UPDATED: 27/1/2016 - with slight adjustment to player 2 a subtraction of 0.69.3 on Y axis placement to be the same as player 1's Y axis.

You can get them directly from me on the link above with the extras or just the cad DWG and DXF files from under FrancoB's google drive which when he uploads them later and may have the A4 and joystick template lines added to them.

FrancoB has converted all his cad files to AutoCAD 2000 format from the default 2013 and as such these files I packaged just now for you all are also in AutoCAD 2000.

Hopefully they are usable for those that want the 2L16B panels.

If you need the overlay for your own control panel, user neolithic who runs Sega Made Bad Decisions, has the 2 player vector on his site.

If anything changes and someone gets a more accurate measurement for placement layout Ill be sure to let you all know.

I'll link this post in the proper post at the start of this thread sometime.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  8. MUTMAN

MUTMAN Member

9. OP
    OP
    Revenger

Revenger Member

Something like that was what I was originally thinking but everything I quickly looked at today seem a bit big, I don't know how much space I have spare but its not much.

We will work around it where we can first of is the panel for the components and box we are mounting on the CP.

10. OP
    OP
    Revenger

Revenger Member

I went to dads yesterday with the good intention of working on the cab in light of things I'm going through but in the end we hardly did much, he wasn't too keen it seems as he seemed a bit down and stuff, half saying that 1pm was too late to do anything and that I always criticize his suggestions and quality of work.

I am not super picky in quality as you all should know by now as long as the work is decent and some care is taken to get it to a reasonable and decent standard without looking like it's roughly done.

I know in general even reading suggestions and comments from people on here, that if its not your project or thing you are doing, most people choose a quickest roughly done option and when it is your own project you may have the same or for the very few people in life higher standards and expectations. I know that's a way of life and most people are like that.

Things like my choice of components for this admin circuit like the buttons, making sure that back panel was mostly straight rather than just trying to wing it which wasn't that straight or the painting trying to get a decent coat with minimal patches left or even wanting a 2L16B panel (console ps2/xbox/pc etc compatible spec) over a 2L12B panel, or the suggestions that don't seem to take things into account some of my ideas, things like joining all the grounds from the buttons together when one button may be on a pc the other on my ps2 activating both the power switches then one function connected to the cabs power supply like the internal light, even some of my ideas it seems that I'm somehow being too critical and have high standards and wasting my effort?

Basically in the end I didn't push working on the cabinet and did only a little of stuff and yea I broke down at the end of the day as a result of being on the edge the last couple weeks, as mentioned I'm in the most vulnerable time for me where I have tried to do stuff and just because nothing happened or whatever doesn't mean I'm automatically feeling way better than I was that night.

My dad is still trying to figure out the switching circuit whats needed for it.
    He also has some ideas on how to build the admin panel box, so I'm leaving that with him to work out based on my goals on having look like a properly part of the panel etc.

Here is a test on a breadboard we did without the switching circuit as a input to 2 switches to the output button which worked great and exactly as intended.

For those wondering the cheap M102 breadboards from China on eBay which this is one of aren't the best, the work but can be dodgy as we found out a few ways.

Click to view full size!

The last few days I have been working in Multisim after making the 2L16B cad template which my dad tells me not to help him with costs on the CNC machine and that its not a rush and this stuff won't justify the cost of building it, despite that I will be using it myself for the panels etc which you cannot buy and can easily give him some money to help with it to get it made sooner.

Overall I drew up my circuit in Multisim, I had to improvise on the switching circuit using a manual 4 pole rotary switch but I can activate all those by using a button on my keyboard to simulate them all switching together and as it stands it does simulate and work, but takes a bit to start the simulation, also somehow Multisim keeps crashing.

The circuit is still not complete I only just got the base wiring done last night. and advanced things like the mode 3 combined LED's I need to figure out.

I could make a powered device that does the switching based on the button in the circuit and stuff but that's extra work I don't know how to do just yet as we don't know how we are actually going to achieve this switching in real life yet.

Here is the circuit as it stands now, as you can see its not labeled properly nor assigned proper keyboard buttons and mode 3 combined LED with diodes isn't done on the circuit and there are no led resisters etc where there should be nor is the 37 pin d-sub connected to all the 15 functions, I'm not sure about some things not being a electronics guy where all the inline stuff and what values I need so wanted to get the wire circuit done first before looking at all those things, there are also a few multimeters attached so I could check voltages and ohms in certain parts of the circuit.

Anyone that knows Multisim want to take a look for me at some stuff?

Click to view full size!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  11. Urbansprawl

Urbansprawl Member

Hey mate this is looking good. For my machine I've ended up using wireless keyboard a lot which is a hack but it works. It ends up not being very usable for other people though because its full of arbitrary button maps etc. Like I said through if you can get the concealed buttons working I think it really adds to the usability.

One thing I'd ask though is why eight buttons per player? Six is enough for most scenarios I can think of.

12. OP
    OP
    Revenger

Revenger Member

Thanks for the comments, It's slowly coming along, the admin stuff is just slow progress and not really moving anywhere at the moment which is frustrating.

I may use a wireless keyboard in mame and general stuff where absolutely needed, but for older computer systems emulation of C64, Amiga etc I'll be running on the cab, I have some special ideas planned you all would love. But that's all after this is initially completed.

The buttons getting that going is something were working on now what to actually use.

Reason I chose 2L16B is that I will be having a PS2 and also emulating older consoles in the system, as well the panel will be removable so it can be put into a stand alone box and used as a 2 player fightstick on my PC or Xbox 360 for newer games and other consoles via there own converter boards ps360+ and others.
    For these systems all fight sticks like Hori, Madcatz, Razor etc, all use the 8 button layout on the newest Arcade games, even Viewlix cabs seem to use the 2L16B, 1L8B or 1L7B layouts. It's mainly the older style cabinets that mainly use the 2L12B.
    So having the 8 buttons per player it gives that versatility and flexibility to work on the entire range of games and systems.

Also if you are wondering how I'm going to do all the other buttons on consoles in the fight stick, select and other system buttons they will be mounted on the fightstick box on the sides.
    As for how I do select etc on the Arcade machine itself for emulation etc, that's where the admin panel comes in, I can map all of these extras on there for my PS2 etc and using emulation I also have iPac's SHIFT function.

Should hopefully answer your questions.
    If I need to update the first posts with any clarification info let me know.
    Ask any question about the project and I'll answer pretty much.

Update: Just checked stats this thread has now past 10K views, which is a nice achievement, lets hope it gets a few more supportive replies to keep me motivated and things continuing.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  13. OP
    OP
    Revenger

Revenger Member

If anyone is wondering on my work not too much is done or anything decided that I can actually talk about.

I got the crimp tool I'll show later, it's well made, as well we had a look around for making the box and managed to get a offcut piece of white acrylic donated to us by the acrylics place here, we initially bought a project box from Altronics which we decided not to use in the end, I'll add the acrylics place into the thread later once we decide on how to go about doing things, as well my dad bought some glue for it and we are still trying to decide how to mount the box on the CP plastic.

So the box is being looked at building and my dad has a few ideas in mind on building it, but has been hot here and the week that was cool, stuff happened with me and we weren't up to doing much.
    When it gets a little cooler you'll see more work being done but some stuff is always being thought about and planned.

Here is a photo I took a few weeks back I never showed you just paper behind the CP hole as a quick visual placement thing of where everything will sit.

[​IMG]

The switching circuit is still being decided on how to do it its taking longer than expected as its not exactly easy to us but it'll be sorted out.

My dad has been working on his CNC machine and I haven't been able to help too much due to things I'm dealing with and not going there due to weather etc.

Basically last few weeks I seem to have people pull more away from me or other things that I am now actually loosing knowing people from my life when they don't seem to care or want to see things through (yea things keep going downhill still in a spiral despite what happened a month back which lead to things) and its affected me with really bad anxiety etc which I have had chest tightness pain 24/7 the last 2 weeks straight (still happening right now as I type this) as well motivation and other things are shot and I have been having constant anxiety panic attacks and stuff.

I have been put on medication but kinda reluctant to want to take it as part of me wants to get hurt and let this badly affect me as everyone keeps winging how I don't care about others and I'm some kind of looser etc.

Basically I need a life and something where people do something for me for a change and this is exactly what my doctor tells me and one person I still speak to on email both says that I do too much for others and need someone to do something back for me for a change.
    But like if anyone is going to do anything back for me ocau prove me wrong here and that a community cares about others.

Basically I'm having a lot of doctor and psychology appointments at this time due to things and stuff that was tried a month or so back and people are concerned if I would try to do that stuff again.

Everyone recommends as mentioned I keep trudging along with this project to get it done for something to look forward to with milestones and goals and rehabilitation that I can achieve something without it failing but its hard.

As said members of OCAU is there something you guys think you can do to help cheer me up?
    I'm not in a good shape here and need something done for me to make me feel better.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  14. MUTMAN

MUTMAN Member

No idea how i can help man :(

Can the admin control panel be a small touch screen on a Raspberry Pi ? (put physical connectors around the back/under the CP

As far as your health goes -

Life is a journey dude, sometimes the roads are rough and your top speed is 10. other times youre on a smooth german autobahn in a sports car at 280 :)
    Stay positive. the machine can wait if that is what you want.

You've probably heard it a zillion times now, but - get off the puter for a few hours each afternoon and go for a nice long walk. get a steady pace up so that you're tired (but not flogged) by the time you get home.
    You'll be talking to yourself the whole way, and things might seem a bit clearer when you sit down and relax :thumbup:

15. badmofo

badmofo Member

I don't have much either I'm afraid - going for a walk is great advice though. I ride my bike daily and it does good things for body and soul.

The other thing I find helps when things seem grim is to write it all down. “He said this, and I felt that because…”.

It’s not fun, but things look different in black and white. Perspective can be gained, I find.

All the best.

16. OP
    OP
    Revenger

Revenger Member

I was taking walks till a month ago but I was churning over things constantly and that's when things happened. I cant say on OCAU as its against rules talking about that stuff but you can gather.

I do play my Wii and Twilight Princess at the moment and looking for ways to other games on my PC, DS, PSP etc etc.

Thing I need something that can be a great social event somewhere for me and that's the problem, my doctor suggests forcing myself to go out somewhere when something is on and I may find someone also by themselves to chat to but its hard especially being by myself etc.

The arcade is something as rehabilitation to give me something to do and look forward to and something to be proud of which I'm sure you guys knew about and people suggest I keep doing it at my own pace.

The touchscreen for the admin panel under a 100 yen sticker I have thought about as a full management interface system to the cabinet but theirs still the matter of circuitry then GUI programming, which gets more complex like how do I send a push button pulse as the output on different touchscreen outputs to control things like the computer and console power and reset buttons and iPac etc.

Even making the LCD hinged underneath and flip up with the plugs behind it or something that you need to flip up the LCD to access as the connectors need to be available while playing games as there's only 3 physical connectors USB multiport and headphone socket everything else could be done on the touchscreen.

It's something I have seriously thought about a few weeks back and had a good think about and would really love to do its just I don't know much about electronics but it's something I would seriously do if I had the knowledge or help by anyone.

Something I could look into post completion of this system if anyone has electronics experience or wants to hook me up with someone here in OCAU or elsewhere that could do this touchscreen thing for me I'll pay for the parts for them etc and a little labor if they want, I'll definitely accept the offer.

Basically I just got to keep going forward somehow in life and this arcade.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  17. MUTMAN

MUTMAN Member

Just keep going mate. One step at a time.
    One day youll realise youve taken a bunch of steps without thinking about it :)

if you have a spare 60-70 bucks you can grab a 3.5" lcd and an arduino/raspberry pi.
    not saying i can do it. but its not super hard to get these things doing some basic tricks :)

18. OP
    OP
    Revenger

Revenger Member

Yea know what you mean about taking steps its very hard though and I do need something back for myself at the moment.

My dad has a arduino and he was thinking I should get one for use as the shift register and just program the switching or something as he is testing a few things, so I sent him a email about it and will check when I'm there next.

The main thing I'd probably need help or guidance about creating the interfaces etc and there would be a lot of stuff to consider with it.

Definitely something to think about nerveless but for now I'll chat t I'm next time on the phone or in person about things.

I think we may just keep to the button system for now and see where things go.

19. OP
    OP
    Revenger

Revenger Member

It's been a while and I don't have much to share as not much has been done.

Since last updates a few things have happened, its been hot here and any cooler days have been once in a few weeks and still warm, so you try to make use of them to cool the place down etc.
    Weather should break soon if today is any indication, so it'll give me a chance to do more.

I'vs also come down very tired and weak and have been sleeping up to 12-14 hours every few days. I have also been put on medication which could be contributing.

My emotional status fluctuates sometimes I'm upset and want to just give up and crawl into a hole or worse, sometimes I have some slight energy but not much.

Socially I'm back to nothing locally and pretty much never go out anywhere, which was to be expected and making me very tired, some weeks I don't even step outside the unit I'm in and my neighbors call me stranger and wonder what happened to me when I do happen to check the mail on the now rare occasion (serious).

I got a replacement couch a few weeks back which has 2 recliners which are my dads in the shed still, my dad re-tore a shoulder muscle helping me move the couch in and a Nintendo N3DSXL which I have been living on constantly playing many games and absolutely loving it.

Doctors have referred me to a social anxiety course which has a 3 month waiting list and are trying to encourage me to find something to get out regularly which I can socialise with others but hard when most people don't seem to want to want to do things with me and I keep getting pushed away etc and people don't seem to care.

The arcade will be worked on again in time once and if I have more energy and drive for things.
    In a couple months depending on stuff some stuff may happen for me but nothing I can publicly comment on just yet as its just been a nice thought for people involved and nothing more thought about so far.

We did do a little planning and ill show it now.

My dad did a test of a bonding agent he has (Plastibond I think he said) and seems to work well on the CP which other stuff did not want to bond to the CP panel, I'll get the proper info later for you guys for using yourselves.
    The bonding agent was very old and a new tube would work wonders but it still bonded well.

Click to view full size!

We went to the local acrylics place "All Acrylic Shapes" when planning the admin panel box we looked at many ideas and thought about getting them to make the box for us, but its outside there scope.
    However the guy there did give us a free piece of acrylic large enough for our purpose and said it would be great for our needs and mentioned where we can get a bonding agent for it and some tips on how to build the box. I'll add this into the top later as a donation to the project.

Click to view full size!

My dad paid for the bonding agent.

Click to view full size!

My dad built a small saw bench which was temporary mounted I will modify it for him to mount it properly as he cant do that stuff due to his shoulder.

He cut a test piece out which was fine.
    I'll be cutting the main box pieces sometime when I feel better and sort out the saw bench mounting for him.

Click to view full size!

Apart from this nothing else has been done which isn't much of a update just a couple tests and ideas for making the admin panel which were done in a day or so.

All plans are still there for the cabinet but my overall motivation and drive for interests etc especially for life has gone right down and I just want to sleep most of the time.

20. MUTMAN

MUTMAN Member

Dont be too hard on your self champ. like we said, one step at a time right :thumbup:
    Yep, some days those steps are (feel) backwards. But dont worry too much, sometimes its good to go back and see where you've been, what was achieved.
    If it gives some insight to where you were before.
    You know the steps to get there again, and you'll take them when you're good and ready to :)

Put it this way :- just by getting the cab to this stage, you've already achieved a metric fukton LOT more than a great deal of people reading this thread (fact)
    My cab consists of ... well , i downloaded some roms ... LOL

Moving forward - sometimes you dont need to make the right move forward. the hard bit is just to start moving again.

I'll build something a nice software working raspberry pi install (moving forward) and go and F it up by tinkering around(bad move). For a while you think "why the F did i do that ??? ummmm" proceed to swear at self (stepping backwards)

but really, it doesnt matter. the journey can be more important than the destination :thumbup: