My dog bit Aust Post parcel deliverer

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by Usopp, Mar 26, 2012.

1. broccoli

broccoli Member

German Shepherd, I think, he said "GSD" above.

2. ang3l1c

ang3l1c Member

My dogs never, ever put their teeth on people in play as they know it's unacceptable. If my dogs drew blood on someone I would know they were serious... just sayin'.

I also don't have a problem with my dogs defending our property. I'd address the getting out issue first. Mine are always behind a locked gate or a locked door (as my young one has proven she can open both) at all times when at home.

3. vOOdsy

vOOdsy Member

Expect all parcel deliveries to be 'carded' now...

4. the_fuzz

the_fuzz Member

I'm confused - you say he was being playful - yet he drew blood? Having owned 6 dogs now, I cannot say that any of them have ever drawn blood whilst "playing" with a person.

Expect a visit from the council, unless the state your in has lax laws.

5. iinsom

iinsom Member

My GS does when she scratches, but not biting.

6. Thudd

Thudd Member

Kind of off-topic... but....

I little while ago on another property we had a power bill come as an estimate because they couldn't get on to the property to read the meter. Fair enough, the gate was locked at the time.

Next time around though we asked when they were coming so we could leave the gate unlocked (kind of the whole point of having a gate - to stop, or at least slow down, randoms coming in). They gave us a several day window when the meter reader might show up. Fine. So we leave the gate unlocked and TELL the power company for that address that the gate is unlocked. We even tell them where the gate is, just in case they tried to go through the gates over the driveway, rather than the 'pedestrian' gate.

Next bill arrives. Estimate. Couldn't open the gate because it was locked. Idiots - they went to the wrong one despite the instructions we gave them. And it's not as if it is difficult to find. The driveway was on one side of the property facing the street, the gate over the pathway was a few metres down the street on the other edge of the block (also facing the street), next to the street number on the fence, exactly as described to them. So we try again and try to explain in words of less than one syllable how to enter the property.

Next bill arrives. Estimate. Wildly OVER estimated too. We request an explanation. A letter arrives saying that the reader couldn't enter the property because the street was underwater. WTF. When did our address change to the middle of the river??? So we queried again, and were told that "street under water" actually meant they couldn't get on to the property because of an unrestrained dog. Double WTF. And of course, triple WTF because we don't have a dog, and the fences around the property (solid, not bars) are high enough that an olympic high jumper wouldn't make it over, never mind a stray dog.

End of story.

7. craz3d

craz3d Member

not even remotely relevant to the thread. lol.

8. HUMMER

HUMMER Member

why did you have the gate before the meter box? shouldnt the meter box be before the gate. so that electrical meter readers can come and do not have to worry about gates.

9. tunagirll

tunagirll Member

Our property has a front gate as well, the meter is at the house a good 100m in.

10. HUMMER

HUMMER Member

oh ok. though you lived in suburbia where there little to no front lawn.

11. maev

maev Member

The damn gypsys should see it coming!
    I guess on the other hand, if their do home readings you'd know pretty quick they aren't good at predicting ones future hah.

12. moosi

moosi Member

Natural dog behavior. Postman = Chase and attack :p