My "Home Theatre", circa 2001.

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by Gibbon, Feb 19, 2021.

1. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

What you mean at the time? Still correct. :)

Gibbon and MR CHILLED like this.
  2. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

* Laughs in 30" arcade CRTs *

Gibbon likes this.
  3. /invariance\

/invariance\ Member

I'm still using my Yamaha RX-V795! Although it is becoming stubborn to turn on.
    Had the same tv too, but it was damaged in the move from Townsville to Brisbane. It sat at a repairers whilst the insurance company assessed the write-off. I asked to have it when the insurance company had finished as it was cosmetic damage to the case, but it had been 'disposed of'. Then they had the gall to call me asking for the remote.
    Still have the NAD tape deck and 5 disc cd player I bought around that time too.

Gibbon likes this.
  4. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Yep, up until probably about 1-2 years ago now I was using that Sony amp (model: STR-DE597) in the picture above. I'm actually still using the Accusound speakers (pictured above, minus the covers), they look great and perform brilliantly. Everything else has gone though, including the ent. unit, tv, pile of burnt movies, dvd player, house :leet:

5. Radley

Radley Member

I was desperate for one of those TV's back in '02 (if that's the HD one). Good photos!

Gibbon and MR CHILLED like this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Gibbon

Gibbon grumpy old man

Heh, I can actually still remember how excited I was when I bought that 68cm Panasonic in the original post above - was 1993, my first year out of uni, and I'd never seen a TV that big before :D

7. bYrd

bYrd Member

Our family bought the same TV; we watched The Bill on it. After a while we all said "it's too big, we might need to take it back" :D

EDIT: That marbled red carpet is great if you like performing the odd murder

Gibbon and Radley like this.
  8. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I think after that TV I went to flat screens and haven't really looked back :thumbup: But I have fond memories of this TV, I loved it.

9. OP
    OP
    Gibbon

Gibbon grumpy old man

Yeah, I suspect its stain hide-abililty was probably one of the reasons it was chosen for a company house :)
    It was even more hideous in person.