I finally got off my arse and built myself a Mame cabinet... been wanting to for years, and even bought the controllers and buttons a few years ago, but never got any further, until now! After messing around trying to design a cocktail cabinet (with trusty Google Sketch) that would fit in the 21" CRT monitor, I then decided it would be too much of a pain, so I went back to the drawing board, and decided on a smallish upright cabinet along the lines of this one. Seems the LCD would be a much easier and more convenient option for size / fitting, less heat, and less space required. I decided to try and minimise the weight and cost. I decided MDF for the cheaper price, but decided I needed to build the frame out of pine to reduce the weight and avoid the requirements to make side and rear panels out of 16mm stuff. Once that was done, a few trips to Bunnings got me the materials and I was off! After trying to cut the panels with a circular saw, I realised that the jigsaw was more accurate (albeit slower) and switched tools. After talking with a mate who is also buiding a cabinet, I decided on XP/GameEx for the front end. The winning points was that it was more of a multi function interface rather than just a game player. I can use the machine as a jukebox etc if I want to. PCDB Entry Here Here is the results! Pine frame built: 16mm MDF panels fitted to the front: Holes cut out for speakers: Test fitting of the screen... whoo hoo! Its finally taking shape: How I fitted the screen (They are roofing straps): First coat of primer: Filling all the holes etc: I put wheels on the back and height adjusters on the front. Will make it easier to position: Second coat of primer: Painted! I used car enamel (with hardener) paint left over from a previous project: How I fitted the screen. I routed a recess around the edges so the screen wouldnt move out of place. I then put some foam around the recess to cushion the screen a little: PC mostly fitted. I put the whole thing on a board of 9mm mdf so I could take it out as one piece if I needed to: Test run successful!!! Mapping the keyboard controller to the game controllers and buttons.... that was a slow process! My dog feeling rather neglected. Bribe (in the form of a chewy treat) installed (mostly) successfully: Nearly finished! Testing the controls: My (IMHO) cool signeage for the game. Just to give it a bit of an authentic look. I photochopped a bunch of pics together to make the title, printed it on a colour laser. Then stuck it to a piece of acrylic. The whole thing is lit with two cold cathode lights (one kit) from Jaycar: (bonus points for guessing the game on the screen) The finished product!