1. Win some Team Group goodies in OCAU's latest contest!
    Dismiss Notice

N gage, or 6610

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by Jolinator, Dec 25, 2003.

1. Jolinator

Jolinator Member

hey fellas basicly im getting a new phone, to replace my 8310 i cant decide which phone i want, the 6610 is awesome however the n gage looks good with mp3, it seems the n gage does alll the 6610 does but im not sure

any comments would be appriciated

cheers

Last edited: Dec 25, 2003
  2. !JonZap!

!JonZap! Member

how about the 6600, so much more l33t, but if you cant afford it get the n-gage becuase it has so many more features than the 6610 and it also runs symbian OS which is also a plus

Last edited: Dec 25, 2003
  3. Kashimu

Kashimu Member

n gage = got taco?

seriously you look like an idiot talking on the phone with the n gage unless you use a handsfree.

4. fedex

fedex (Banned or Deleted)

who cares if you look like a dick holding the n-gage

just because its on the side :rolleyes:

im getting the n-gage in bout a week so will tell you what its like

6600 = n-gage + camera

do you really need a shit camera anyway

5. !JonZap!

!JonZap! Member

there are more people to tell you that the n-gage is more shit than the 6600, but everyone is entitled to their own opionion;)

6. leviathan

leviathan Member

Well as the owner of a n-gage I would have to say get that. I have never had a need to use the phone as a taco. Only comment I have had was that it looked "big". After a while you get used to the phone, and basically has a position next to the ear where you can hear it perfectly.

For its price, outright it is very cheap. Lately many places are offering THPS with it for outright $488

The phone has stereo MP3. For the money you save on the phone you can get a bigger MMC to store more music and Apps.

7. kasar

kasar Member

Are you going on plan, or buying the phone outright?

8. esprit

esprit Member

I'd say the Ngage is definately better value for money. The thing is loaded with features, I guess the whole "taco" thing is putting a lot of people off. Never used one myself but leviathan you say you can use it just like a normal phone and hear everything clearly? Is this still the case in noisy environments or can you still hear holding it normally

9. kasar

kasar Member

No, in noisy environments you need to hold it like a taco.
    The N-gage is alright, but if I was going on plan I wouldn't get either of those phones.

10. romp

romp Member

If you don't mind the looks of the NGAGE, get one. It's got heaps of features and is relatively cheap. I would've got one but I can't stand its design :rolleyes:

11. Edj

Edj Member

All your comments about it looking like a taco when using it to talk. Keep in mind it was never designed to be used like that, thats there as a backup if something's wrong with your handsfree/bluetooth headset.

Think about it, its designed with gaming in mind, therefore must be shaped like a gamepad. Design me a phone shaped like a gamepad that doesn't look funny when using as a traditional phone.

I myself have an N-gage, and I can tell you now, its the best purchase I have EVER made and everyone I show it to can't stop playing with it.

I use it with a bluetooth headset(these things rock) - but recently I've been using it for mp3's more and more so I actually use a pair of good quality sony headphones. Its got a pretty cool feature while you're listening to mp3s, it pauses the music, takes the call on your headphones and uses the mike on the actual phone then after your call finishes it goes back to the mp3 it was playing. Now this rocks even more so when you're using it in a car with the cdplayer tape adaptor, you call actually comes onto the car speakers !! heh

Only thing that is a MUST when you get the n-gage is a 256mb or higher MMC card (for various mp3's n proggies), good quality headphones -the n-gage has its own EQ settings, the audio quality is amazing when comparing to normal discmans(I've still yet to find a discman with equalisers) - and if you can afford it, a bluetooth headset (I recommend the plantronics M3000, 8 hours talk time and a hideiously long standby - I've been using this for a month, still havent seen it die on me and i charge every 2-3 days).

All up, the N-gage is a great deal. Spectacular 3d graphics (btw get tony hawk, it absolutely rocks on the n-gage !!), features that all the highend expensive phones have, its symbian series 60 ensures you can run 10's of thousands of proggies that are available on the net, got a pretty good browser(I myself use it to go to bash.org while on the train), mp3 rocks especially with the EQ settings and basically you can do almost anything you want on it. It even comes with a usb cable to connect straight to your comp from the get-go.

Don't bash it on appearances alone, no-one uses the n-gage like a taco, they always use handsfree or a bluetooth headset - think about it, if you had to choose between manually holding a phone up to your ear, or having your hands free what would you choose?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2003
  12. fedex

ill be getting in just over a week and i didnt care what ppl said about being to big or the design was shit.

its all about preference.

13. esprit

esprit Member

I'm hanging out for the ngage 2. I will DEFINATELY buy one of them :)

14. +uGLy faRt+

+uGLy faRt+ Member

personally i wouldnt go for the n gage. just to bulky for my liking. but thats just my opinion

15. fedex

when's it out 2010?:rolleyes:

16. darkbliss

darkbliss Member

Your one hell of a persuasive speaker. I think you just bought me.

I was going to get a 6600 for it's symbian-ess. But after that, i'm not sure anymore :S.

:D

How much did that uber-bluetooth set cost you?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2003
  17. fedex

150-200 i think?

18. OP
    OP
    Jolinator

Jolinator Member

much in the same position darkbliss,

im going to get the phone outright, personally the 6600 appeals alot more but, mp3 ability sounds wicked especially if you can use a 3.5mm plug,

but carrying round n gage and headset to take calls is prolly going to piss em off i think

19. fedex

n-gage has stereo sound and the 6600 has mono for mp3's

20. RSix

RSix Member

The siemens SX1 is the same as the Nokia 6600 but with Stereo MP3 and Radio. Also is the same size or slightly smaller then the 6600.

I like the 6600 but I needed Stereo MP3.