N64 Mini

Discussion in 'Nintendo Consoles' started by Reaper, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Reaper

Reaper Member

2. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

a preemptive 'fuck ebay flippers' from me for the future, when it inevitably happens

3. power

power Member

not ashamed to say i'd pre-order it.

4. OP
    OP
    Reaper

Reaper Member

Yep, this is my only interested in one so far. So me too.

And yea, just like the snes, I do happen to have a mint condition n64 pokemon edition fully boxed in the cupboard. :) I bought pokemon stadium and a gbc pokemon yellow just to play it on the n64. I never had a Gameboy, yet wanted that game, and I got to play it on the tv. :)

5. ndt

ndt Member

oh hell yeah! Wonder how many games they'd include? Probably won't have Zelda. Also hope they redo the joystick so its not worn out in 6 months.

Yeah, dogs. I reported some of the SNES mini sales to ebay but i don't think they get a shit.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  6. hippyhippy

hippyhippy Member

Cool .. gonna order 10 ...at least.

7. miicah

miicah Member

Why wouldn't they have Zelda?

8. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

Pleased to see you control+C, control+V your usual troll in every one of these threads. Well done on your astounding originality.

Moving on...

I'm glad Nintendo are doing this, but I'll be skipping it. I missed the N64, so it holds little nostalgia factor for me (I was full Playstation at that point, with no money to buy both sadly due to being a poor uni student living out of home). I've gone back and played the games I care about since (mostly Zelda, Mario, and Smash Bros), but that's enough for me personally I think.

It'll be interesting to see if they get some of the weirder-but-popular titles (like the weird alien-wrestling-RPG title, "Hybrid Heaven").

One thing I hope they do technically is render everything internally at 480p60 minimum (as opposed to the 480i the original console ran at), and offer modes to remove the vertical filtering the N64 did that made everything look muddy and washed out.

Either way, good on Nintendo for sticking with this. I wonder if they'll keep going through to the GameCube, or if that would be too difficult from a hardware perspective?

9. ndt

ndt Member

might take customers away from the DS and switch

10. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

Nah, they're well past the peak sales for that (usually the first month or so). I don't think it's going to affect anything this late in the game.

All of Nintendo's first party IP (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, Starfox, F-Zero) is a mandatory staple for any of these devices.

11. hippyhippy

hippyhippy Member

they need to have 4 controllers with this thing ... or they will never make enough controllers ... considering how little they make of the actual consoles.

12. theSeekerr

theSeekerr Member

I believe current state-of-the-art Gamecube emulation runs adequately on Snapdragon 835 / nVidia X1 / Exynos 8895, i.e. the 2017 flagship SoCs.

Maybe Nintendo could manage better, but I doubt it would be a huge amount. So we're talking Shield-like hardware to emulate the Gamecube.

Seems unlikely to happen. Perhaps they could do a Gamecube-on-a-chip cheaper than full emulation?

13. ndt

ndt Member

Would be stoked if they include body harvest, loved that game.

14. Alby1976

Alby1976 Member

Mario Cart, Golden Eye and maybe Perfect Dark are surely going to be on it.

15. clonex

clonex Member

1080 snowboarding pls:D

16. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Super Smash Bros and 4 controller support pretty pretty please!

i spent many all nighters playing those 3 games!

17. Pemalite

Pemalite Member

Perfect Dark is likely a big fat no. That is a Microsoft franchise now. It was also remastered on the Xbox 360 and re-released on the Xbox One.

Which is fine... But they *WILL* need to put Goldeneye on there if there is no Perfect Dark. - Provided if they can secure the rights.

Would like to see: Pokemon Stadium, Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64, Pokemon Snap, Diddy Kong Racing, Lylat Wars, Command and Conquer, Smash Brothers, Mario Kart 64, Gauntlet Legends, Zelda Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask, Yoshis Story, Mario Party, Paper Mario, Harvest Moon, F-Zero X and a few Turok games.

And if they can get StarCraft 64 on that (To combat the $300+ ebay cart prices...) that would be bloody awesome.

Don't forget storage either. The NES classic uses a single 512MB SLC NAND chip, the SNES Classic likely uses something similar.

Gamecube's games are orders-of-magnitude larger than the old carts, which requires significantly more NAND to pull off.

18. OP
    OP
    Reaper

Reaper Member

I'd love to see superman 64.

19. Bourke

Bourke Member

:thumbup:
    Hope to catch them all...3 for 3 mini's

20. simontifik

simontifik Member

Lol, I remember my brother and I renting Superman 64 and thinking WTF is wrong with this game. It wasn't until recently I learned via the internet how we weren't alone.

If this thing has Goldeneye and 4 controllers, I'll be all over it but I'm betting it won't have either.