1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Natural Selection 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by glimmerman, May 28, 2009.

1. Floft

Floft Member

I am not too hot with the onos mainly because I usually pull out from an attack too late (and die) or too early (and have heaps of health left without doing much damage).

Had an awesome game just a few minutes ago. The commander (Commander Keen) did an awesome job. We ended up dual-weld exo rushing the aliens... hmm... satisfying.

2. EuroSlave

EuroSlave Member

im gon play dis game tonite

im gon win dem noobz

3. JohnnieWalker

JohnnieWalker Member

FFS SUPPORT MAC!!!! ive installed windows on this thing JUST for ns2... such a good game... such shit support! dam indis!!

4. OP
    OP
    glimmerman

glimmerman Member

:rolleyes:

why on earth you would expect a small indie team to support mac is beyond me, espcially at these early stages.

5. Shimmy

Shimmy Member

And they should support my BeOS box while theyre at it!

Had a go for the first time at alien commanding last night, entire server was rookie green and had a marathon of a match that went for 86 minutes.

6. di_entropy

di_entropy Member

you bought a mac to play games?

i thought people only bought mac's to sit in cafes sipping chai lattes

7. rap

rap Member

If this is the same Commander Keen I used to play with back in NS1 (he was in my clan), he was our Marine Comm without fail. What server was it on?

I find myself stacking aliens more often than not now. Which is fine by me, since every other nub stacks marines! Aliens are way more fun. Battle gorge :D

8. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

Amazing game last night. Alien comm, got 2 hives, lost 1, then managed to wind up with 4! Came back from marines with exos. Was soo good, went for about 50 minutes.

I was on the mic telling all the noobs skulks to stay off the floor and they listened!!! We had the apex. guys in the server playing rines and they all started saying "What's all this teamwork bullshit on aliens???" hahahahah

-Peppermint Nitemare.

9. weznagwama

weznagwama Member

Whos going on tonight? Ill be on all night :thumbup:

10. siraXLe

siraXLe Member

It is now possible to queue for servers!! Might be able to make it on Monash now!!

Posted from Overclockers.com.au App for Android

11. bomblol

bomblol Member

Jumped on Monash myself over the last few nights, its really a shame there arent more 24p servers available yet.
    Seems those are all full.. but once you get in, its an absolute blast!

Havent belted around as an onos yet, had a few chances, but really wanted to muck around as the fade..

12. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

I'd be mindful of 24 player servers, they really are only useful for the lulz and practice. The game, in my opinion feels best at 16-18. Competition play is 6v6. It's great now with pub players starting to pick up skills too, the more skilled the players the more rewarding the game.

13. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

14. TXN

TXN Member

It's getting pulled as well.
    What a bunch of shit.

In other news, I'm completely shit at this game. I only play marines (mainly because I'm shit at aliens). Having heaps of fun, mainly because everyone seems to be using their mics and using a bit of teamwork.

15. fusella

fusella Member

I know TXN, how good is it to have a good fps with strategy/teamplay/comm's, even if you are gettin' smashed sometimes. For me this used to be BF2 as a squad leader but since they basically fucked BF3 from a comm's/teamplay perspective I've been hoping for another fps to come and save the day. This element in fps games makes all the difference I reckon.

Having so much fun with this game.

16. WackOh

WackOh Member

rofl at Gamespot pulling the review of NS2 off the site.

I had a read of the comments posted about it below the review a few days ago, and it was just hilarious to read them rip into both the horrible review itself and gamespot in general

17. Floft

Floft Member

Does anyone have a copy of the game spot review? Or at least a summary of what was said.

18. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

Dude was douche, didn't go in to ANY depth. Literally, didn't even mentioned aliens had different classes. Said teams elect comm, said game was $30 when its $25. Basically it was like reading a 12 year old's forum post.

I've emailed metacritic about it clouding the scores.

19. lulow

lulow Member

Page 1 and page 2 from cache.

Might want to reread the article. He briefly mentions on page 2 about skulks evolving into other types and he doesn't say commanders are elected.
    You sound like the fanboys who got the article removed because it didn't conform to their opinion of a $5 price error. Give a honest score, get lynched by the fanboys. Give a score to appease the fanboys, get accused of being biased.
    I think the score was low but he's entitled to his view, just as everyone is entitled to ignore it.

20. WackOh

WackOh Member

Yes well the way he reviewed it, it seemed like he literally played it for an hour and then left it at that. His only real valid point i saw was the steep learning curve and lack of tutorials, to which I would say, welcome to a real game that doesn't hold your hand and set more boundaries than offers of freedom. If you want to learn then play the game for more than an hour, ask players, and use youtube/read the wiki encyclopaedia page.

Did you see the 'screenshots' he took? What a joke of an attempt at showing off what the game has to offer. One of the screenshots was of a ready room and half a lerk flying around....