Need 4 x 10nF 0402 caps anyone able to do a bloke a favour?

Discussion in 'Electronics & Electrics' started by v81, Jan 16, 2019.

1. v81

v81 Member

Hi all, moving on the weekend and want to carry out a last minute repair.

In need of 4 x 0402 10nF caps ~ 16 - 25v
    Needed in Pakenham.
    Just thought i'd post on the off chance.
    Don't trust Element 14 to deliver on time, last 3 deliveries have all been 1-3 days late.

Separately, and possibly related i have a carton of ~750,000 SMD resistors that i need to offload.
    0603s, 0805's and 1206's full 5K reels, various values, all new on reels.
    If someone were able to get some caps to me they can have first dibs on the lot.
    After that they will be free to good home.
    Save me having to move them with us!

2. OP
    OP
    v81

v81 Member

Thanks for anyone that looked and considered.
    Will make the order with Element 14 after established at my new address.

Cheers.

3. Technics

Technics Member

I did see your post but wasn't in a position to help. I find that 0402 is really where you start needed higher end tools and magnification if you are doing them regularly. I've done them by hand on the odd occasion but it's not something I'd want to become habitual without new tools so only keep 0805 and 0603 for prototyping. I have enough parts but it's a kind offer and hopefully someone here can use them. When I was etching my own PCBs I found that using SMDs avoided a lot of drilling which is probably the most tedious part of the whole process if you have to do it manually.

4. OP
    OP
    v81

v81 Member

I worked a job for 18 months doing and by hand. Thought it was a simply idea but after getting the hang of it I prefer it for the same reasons you specify. 0805 is the go but I can go smaller reluctantly.
    Repair is to return a modded PS3 to stock condition.
    We have now moved and am still keen to offload those parts. Hope offering them here isn't considered crapping considering the product and the sub forum.