Need advice on how to sell pianos

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by KoiTech, Jan 24, 2019.

1. KoiTech

KoiTech Member

hi all,

I’ve been tasked to get rid of two pianos. I’ve been told both are quite good so shouldn’t just be throw. They are both upright pianos. Yamaha is the brand.

What’s the best way to find buyers for them
    Thanks heaps

2. MrCupHolder

MrCupHolder Member

I don't play piano but am a musician.

I'd suggested finding a music store that sells 2nd hand piano's and talking with them.

They may simply offer to buy it from you, or they may also be able to sell it on consignment.
    In my experience they'll offer you less money to buy it outright from you than if you sell on consignment so if you're not in a hurry for the money going the consignment route will net you more money for it in the end.
    Different stores will have different policies so YMMV.

You could ebay it (actually I wouldn't), but the issue with that is you need to store it somewhere until it sells and the buyer isn't going to be likely to be able play test it so isn't going to want to spend as much in case it isn't quite as expected.

If you sell it to/through a store, well they'll put it on their shop floor solving the storage issue and now people will also be able to play test it to know what they're getting and hopefully be prepared to spend more on it that if they bought it off ebay.

3. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

Car boot sale :thumbup:

4. Stooge007

Stooge007 Member