need help to RMA my GPU with MSI

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by echineon, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Jimba86

Jimba86 Member

great to see this tuned out well:thumbup:

will consider MSI graphics cards in the future for sure! (as it tuns out i was going to order in a MSI 580GTX Lightning but i got told to wait by the sales guy at the shop as new cards are to be coming soon.....:confused:)

2. Skitz0

Skitz0 Member

Buying a new system at the end of the month, considering a MSI mobo and gpu purely due to this thread. Amazing service :thumbup:

3. OP
    OP
    echineon

echineon Member

Yeah, was originally intending to get msi mobo as well but PCCG didn't have msi gen 3 mobo at that time so I went with ASRock. Next upgrade all of them will be msi no matter the cost :p

Also, the card arrived at 12PM today, and I just got an PM from firewizard saying I got an upgrade to GTX580TwinFrorzII since they were out of stock for GTX570. WOOHOO! :thumbup: So the RMA potential outcomes are repair/replacement/refund/OR UPGRADE :leet:

fark me I'm soo stoked, forgot to plus multiple rep for firewizard, been saying this a lot but thanks mate, I'm coming down to Sydney for a few days in November, will def give you a shout if you're keen. :thumbup:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  4. ir0nhide

ir0nhide Member

I'll definitely be going with MSI branded bits where possible after this, kudos :thumbup:

5. thelute

thelute Member

I just purchased an MSI video card today, this kind of support pushed me over to MSI. +rep to the rep!

6. Cool Barn

Cool Barn Member

A few years ago I bought an MSI motherboard and graphics card. The motherboard died after 14 months which I wasn't all that impressed with. The graphics card's fan was very loud and the card died after 2 days which I was even less impressed with. I vowed never to buy anything MSI ever again.

This thread has made me re-evaluate. Whilst they are still not at the top of my list vendor-wise, at least I'll entertain thoughts of buying MSI products in the future because of Firewizard and his excellent customer service.

7. cbb1935

cbb1935 Guest

I'd hold out on a heap of praise until such time as you get your card back (and it works fine). If it takes 2 months to get your card back, that will be a problem.

Also consider that failures hopefully are low so you should never need this level of support :)

As it stands so far though, good work to MSI so far. Used to own one of their MX460's years ago and went for ages.

8. -=Ac3=-

-=Ac3=- Member

His card arrived, and to that he got an upgrade from the 570 to a 580 as they were out of stock on the originals. Quiet awesome if you ask me :thumbup:

9. OP
    OP
    echineon

echineon Member

@mitch: AFAIK MSI use Star Track Express and will take 3 or 4 business days to deliver the new card. (same for when I sent the card, MSI organised Star Track Express to pick the card up on Wed, and it arrived on Fri).
    I agree that if quality control from manufacturing end was good we won't lose a few days of RMA'ing. But as far as after sale service, I can't expect anything better than this. I originally created this thread because I have never done RMA before and expected to send my GPU on my own. Now I got a free courier pick up service and a free upgrade, can't get upset at all. :p

10. Sledge

Sledge Member

I've had bad experiences with MSI in the past, but maybe things have changed..
    Will maybe consider MSI as a mobo choice again... maybe

11. jvalente

jvalente Member

I would like to +Rep PC Case Gear.

I sent in a faulty GTX 570 from leadtek and got a Gigabyte Superclock GTX 570 as a replacement!

12. OP
    OP
    echineon

echineon Member

received the card today, still enough time to kick up some BF3 action. :thumbup: Oh, it's noted that when send back for RMA, send the card only, because this is what I received.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Very personalised note saying that my card was out of stock and he would send the upgrade instead. "Hope you like it" - YESH I DO LIKE :D

13. HumbleBum

HumbleBum Member

Nice one..

Well Done MSI. :thumbup:

14. Ka0sX

Ka0sX (Banned or Deleted)

Well Done MSI :thumbup::thumbup:

15. Jimba86

Jimba86 Member

now that is what i call great service!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: to MSI!

16. Fai

Fai Member

Nice work MSi :thumbup:

17. Garido

Garido Member

The more I see this the more I will consider MSI for 2 reasons,

value
    after sales warranty.

I wonder if this happens with their value boards and cards, not just the high end stuff. Even so, great work.

Who is disty for them now, they dumped IM.

18. Lou

Lou Member

I'm buying a new card (580/590) this week or next. I was going to go Gigabyte, but due to this thread I am going for a MSI.

Good work firewizard, you can't buy good press like this!

Cheers.

19. Sledge

Sledge Member

So what did you get back? Still a GTX570 ?

20. ALEXH-

ALEXH- Member

So my next video cards will be MSI for sure. Incredible service .... :D