need help to RMA my GPU with MSI

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by echineon, Sep 30, 2011.

1. O-B-E-L-I-X

O-B-E-L-I-X Member

:thumbup: My experience was the same...Walked in and 3 minutes later walked out with a brand new boxed card. Great products and great service! :D

2. MadcatDJ

MadcatDJ Member

so firewizard, does the msi warranty cover hammer damage? I have a brand new 570 TFIII and I have a feeling it may get into an "accident" on the weekend :leet:

When I was chosing my 560 & 570 I was a bit hesitant to go MSI as I have had a 280 die on me, but Ive heard alot of good things about them the last couple of years as well as good customer service and nothing but good things about the TFII & III coolers

3. Ka0sX

Ka0sX (Banned or Deleted)

No he got free upgrade from 570 to 580

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  4. firewizard

firewizard Member

Only if the hammer is made by us

5. Garido

Garido Member

MSI's twin frozr is a fantastic cooler, Gigabyte have since moved to a similar model. I'm very much in favour of that too.

6. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

Now I give a cheer for MSI, well done:thumbup: and I need a new Video Card atm.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  7. m00n

m00n Member

There may still be hope for me yet

I wanted to rma through msi directly however it was hard for me to get into contact with the aus rma department and when I did I was told that I needed to submit an rma form which he would send to me via email. I never recieved it and although it is quite possible there was a mix up with the emails I gave up on that idea and just handed my gtx570 into msy (the company i purchased through) and let them deal with the rma.

Oh boy I wish I hadn't, it was handed in on the 18 of August and it is now the 21 of October. I went into msy in person because he never answers the phones just to ask about any updates, the response was oh ill have to send them an email and when I get a reply ill call you with whats going on. Still waiting unfortunately.

At least I know there are no gtx570's in stock so I could be due for an upgrade or refund, which would allow me to put the rest in for an upgrade :)
    luck would not appear to be on my side in this case so i'm not holding my breath. And thank you echineon you have given me hope when I thought all was lost :D

I guess Ill just have to be patient and see how this pans out, in future how should I go about rma for my hardware should I ever need to again because it seems there are much better ways to go about it?

The card is from msi forgot to mention

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  8. knowskillz

knowskillz Member

oh jeez giving it back to msy is always a verrrrry slow process as they don't send out faulty products individually when you return it, they wait till they have a bunch of faulty products(which could be a week or two) before then send it back to the distributor.

9. firewizard

firewizard Member

If you go through the reseller they usually have to go through the distributor who then come back to us - so in most cases its quicker to go through us directly.

I'm sorry to hear that you had problems contacting our RMA team and never received an email with the RMA form - in the future i would suggest trying to contact them a second time again incase they didnt take your correct details and if that fails contact the sales team and let them know your problem as well as your complaint about our service. Also you can contact me here directly and I can help start the RMA process for you.

10. m00n

m00n Member

Cheers for timely respose

Thanks a million, unfortunately for me I hope I never have to remember that for next time. If msy ever give my card back ill keep posted with the results and look forward to giving additional thumbs up to msi and firewizard :)

11. OP
    OP
    echineon

echineon Member

@moon: Good luck on your RMA process buddy. I've never had any problem with emailing msi, I emailed the lady from msi why I want to RMA and asked what I need to do, then she just asked back to see whether I bought the card in Australia or not, issued a RMA request form to me to fill. And after that I got RMA number and it was just the matter of sending the card with RMA number quoted (which unexpectedly and lucklily firewizard helped) :thumbup:

Edit: you also need a scan copy of your receipt too.

12. m00n

m00n Member

RMA timeframe

Is there some kind of consumer law that protects customers in Australia from my current predicament?

If I get to the three month mark I aim to start taking some kind of action, I just can't find anywhere on google :p that describes law around the time frame that goods should be replaced or repaired.

There has to be something because if there wasn't companies could just wait obscene amounts of time to repair or replace items to such a time that they depreciate in value and or lapse in warranty.

I feel that currently if i walked into MSY and started making demands or complaining, even jumping up and down it would get me no where, However if I had legal information I would have a leg to stand on and something may just get done.

I think I have made my last purchase from the IT company known as MSY :mad: I can't even contact the store to ask nicely about the situation with my RMA, I have to physically walk in there because nobody answers the phone, I have emailed but I will bet that I'll get no answer that way either.

Anyway enough complaining for today any help appreciated :D

13. randomman

randomman Member

Contact the ACCC, I'm sure they'd be more than willing to help.

14. Chamelion

Chamelion Member

Big thumbs up to MSI.. Might have to look at their cards when it's upgrade time again.

15. m00n

m00n Member

ACCC aye

Ok ACCC on to it :)
    thanks for help

16. Frag

Frag Member

Can vouch for firewizard myself, helped me with a small issue that i inflicted on my card.. Def looking at MSI next gen just for local support - i hope you keep this up =)

17. Audionut

Audionut Member

You don't need to contact them, it's all in black and white.

http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/961854

http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/961843

18. m00n

m00n Member

3 months later m2d12d5 replacement for a m2d12d5oc

As the title says sent the card off on the 19/8/2011 and received it on the 4/11/2011.

I am not entirely sure but as I understand msi policy and consumer law states that faulty goods must be either replaced with "goods of at least equal or greater value," or a refund given in a reasonable time frame and depreciation of product value should be taken into account.

Now I am pretty sure that receiving a m2d12d5 product replacement for a m2d12d5oc 3 months later violates several laws and policies.

I really am over the whole thing, msy would not give me a store credit or refund and said that he would send the card off once more due to the mix up. Whats that another 3 month wait?

I am really not sure where I stand or what I should do, i'm currently considering attempting to sell the card and taking a loss to just to be done with msy and whatever route they took for rma.

According to the msy guy the card was sent to msy rma department which then gets forwarded to msi rma Australia and depending on stock availability the current model I posses would have to have been sent from overseas, this contradicts the early events of this thread where due to lack of stock an upgrade was given within a two week window.

I feel so shafted that I get an inferior model replacement just shy of three months later. I would love to believe that msi rma department in Australia was as good as previously stated within this thread, I just can't think of any reason why one person gets an upgrade 2 weeks later while I get an inferior model sent from overseas months later both due to lack of stock availability of gtx 570's in Australia. :upset:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  19. firewizard

firewizard Member

m00n can you PM me all details you can provide i.e. serial#, RA#, your details etc?

I will look into it for you.

20. OP
    OP
    echineon

echineon Member

@m00n: that sounds like you are getting burned buddy, definitely double check with firewizard and push your way through msy. :mad: