need help to RMA my GPU with MSI

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by echineon, Sep 30, 2011.

1. randomman

randomman Member

MSY has received a formal and well advertised warning from the ACCC in the past for dodgy pratices. If you remind them of this case and advise them you will be creating an individual case with the ACCC if they fail to co-operate. :thumbup:

2. Audionut

Audionut Member

This.

Although it would be worth talking with firewizard first for 2 reasons,

1. It's bound to be a lot easier in the long run dealing with firewizard, then going down the ACCC route (although MSY needs their asses kicked again by your experience).

2. Judging by earlier in this thread, your bound to get a nice surprise.

3. m00n

m00n Member

letter from ACCC

I don't know if I should state that I have now received a replacement item of lesser value, I think my complaint on the 29th is enough. I am just going to wait and see what firewizard comes up with, I don't think going to small claims is worth the hassle although if financial backing wasn't an issue I would go all the way just out of principal.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  4. randomman

randomman Member

Just tell them you're not willing to wait any more as it's already been too long and you require a replacement immediately. Should they fail to do so you will take them to the ACCC for a suitable replacement and additional compensation for down time.

5. jase_h

jase_h Member

Had an issue with my card today unfortunately :(

I was playing a game this evening and noticed that there was a loud vibrating sound coming from my case. Opened up the side panel to have a look, sound was coming from my video card (an MSI R5770 storm 1GB). So I looked at the fan speeds on it and it was above 70% with temps at around 72, so figured it was working harder to cool it down. Well, less than 10 minutes later the fan stopped and the card seems to have shutdown. I had a look, and the fan has actually snapped two fins and (I would guess) it doesn't spin anymore.

Anyway, I've taken it out of my system going to try and RMA it straight to MSI.

6. DARREN

DARREN Member

About a month back I had to rma a faulty MSI Twin Frozr II OC GTX580 (one of the fan bearings died and one fan stopped - it was getting hot!) and so I sent it to MSI via Aust Post registered and insured mail. Took just over a week turnaround from memory and as above they had none of my card in stock so they upgraded it for me to a MSI Lightning GTX580 :leet:! Big thumbs up from me and I too can recommend buying MSI as the service was great (despite the fact my card failed in the first place :Paranoid:).

Incidently I bought my card from the same place as mOOn above and they still to this day have not responded to the 2 or 3 email and phone messages I sent them in regards to what I should do in regards to warranty on the card I bought from them. So I called MSI directly - easy and painless as it turned out.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  7. unbridledenthus

unbridledenthus Member

This thread is a large reason i converted to MSI cards ...

8. TRG.dOinK

TRG.dOinK Member

Hrm looks like I'll buy MSI too if their RMA process is quick/fast.

Waiting 2-3 months for repair is crap, happened to my 2 day old XFX 8800GTS 512, wasn't happy.

9. Croc

Croc Member

I already got MSI gtx580, very happy with my purchase but after reading this thread i'm double happy :)

goes without saying my next card is going to be MSI as well and possibly motherboard if I can find model that suits my needs

:):thumbup:

10. stevebris

stevebris Member

2 :thumbup::thumbup: for Firewizard and Msi! :D

11. Ka0sX

Ka0sX (Banned or Deleted)

Wrong thread

cheers

12. bobbavet

bobbavet Member

Gday all

Will MSI RMA a mobo purchased outside Australia? ie International warranty?

13. Garido

Garido Member

Not in my experience. You need to support an Aussie supplier if you want to deal with a more local RMA.

14. DARREN

DARREN Member

As mentioned no they wont. Inquired about rma'ing a GTX580 Lightning I bought from the forums from a overseas member (Malaysia) but MSI Australia said they wouldnt do it. Had to send back to forum member for warranty (he refunded me the purchase price) in the country it was purchased from.

15. bobbavet

bobbavet Member

BOOOO! :thumbdn::rolleyes: Thankyou:thumbup:

I know of a Big bang x79 purchased from Taiwan. Don't want to risk it.

16. m00n

m00n Member

wondering if firewizard is still around representing msi

Was impressed by the level of service provided by firewizard in rectifiying my graphics card issues, if fw is still rep for msi there is one question I wish to ask before upgrading my graphics card with msi :D is there a current model nvidia card that works with av recievers? Unfortunately my gtx570 does not :(
    Thanks to all.

17. Surtr

Surtr (Banned or Deleted)

Booj is ocaus msi au rep.

18. funx

funx Member

Hi guys,
    I've got an 18 month old Twin Frozr III from MSY that is going bezerk with artefacts.
    Should I bother going back to MSY or just try to go direct to MSI Au?
    If MSI, is there an RMA site I need to register on?
    Thanks

19. 2_stroke

2_stroke Member

Under Australian law if its in warranty you take it to were you got it from, they have to replace it or refund you.

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees

We dont have rma in australia because of our laws, i think this only apply s after 2012 though which you will be fine.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  20. OP
    OP
    echineon

echineon Member

ausrma@msi.com just directly mail them and write down exact symptom. Recently replace my msi motherboard due to silly BIOS upgrade, got replaced on the spot when I was there. Much preferable than going back to where you bought it I reckon.