1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help with new WC build!

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by MIC89N, Oct 6, 2021.

1. OP
    OP
    MIC89N

MIC89N Member

I’ve got the latest bios. Yes my flow direction and flow rate is good. Don’t have another gpu I’ve sold them.

2. OP
    OP
    MIC89N

MIC89N Member

Here are some shots of the system

Attached Files:

jekel likes this.
  3. Will S

Will S Member

very nice looking system but nice is not good enough when its not working ...ouch

The Flt240 has output from centre and input from ( looking from front ) the right port , it looks like you have output in the centre port unless you have a reverse flow ie. flt240 to top rad to cpu to gpu to bottom rad to flt240......

If memtest fails then somehow get your hands on a cheapo GPU ( no waterblock and run softtube ( or is you have hardtube left) run from bottom rad to cpu ) . About the only way is to isolate these problems by swapping parts

You have the flow right for the CPU which means you are running flow in a clockwise run so would check the flt 240 out

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2022
  4. OP
    OP
    MIC89N

MIC89N Member

Thanks for the detailed response mate. So I’ve got the outlet to top rad > cpu > gpu > bottom rad > inlet of res. Is that not the correct way? The black ek zmt tubing runs to the top rad in the back on the case.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2022
  5. Wacko02

Wacko02 Member

A hard shutdown like that, and not being able to restart straight away kinda points to a power issue of some sort IMO. Maybe start with some cable checks and potentially even borrow a spare PSU to test it out with? Also check that the PSU fan is working and getting airflow to it.

6. The Beast

The Beast Member

Definitely sounds like a PSU issue. I had a Corsair 1200 that would occasionally trip when triggered by a specific load on the GPU (1080Ti at the time), really hard to detect why. I my case certain explosions in Rocket League would cause a hard power off. There was clearly heaps of headroom on the PSU, and it was a good model, just had an issue. Eventually (18 months or so) the PSU just popped one day and was dead (4 years old total). I got a new one (under RMA) and haven't had an issue since.

7. OP
    OP
    MIC89N

MIC89N Member

Memory test passed. Yeah I might see if I can test another psu put. The Beast what do you think of my loop layout any issues?

Attached Files:

8. woja

woja Member

What's the hotspot temperature like? I'd still think either PSU issue, whether it's to do with the PSU itself or maybe one of the cables is not fully seated or damaged and making it shit the bed when it's drawing power

9. OP
    OP
    MIC89N

MIC89N Member

When you say Hotspot temperature what part of you referring to sorry.

10. OP
    OP
    MIC89N

MIC89N Member

The PSU seems completely fine temp wise and the fans working well. I've taken off the cable mod pcie and 24pin power extenders for the moment to see if they are the issue. I've got an 850w Corsair I might try if this fails, hopefully not as the cpu power plug is fiddly.

11. juzz86

juzz86 Member

I'd swap over to the Corsair at your next hard shut mate - fans running and PSU temps won't really show you what's going on, that comes from monitoring your voltages and currents :thumbup:

Usually you've run into an inbuilt protection if you need to cycle the hard power switch on the back of the PSU to resume operation. Could be over-voltage, over-temperature or over-current - which it shouldn't be, as you're good for about 83A on the 12V rail in the SFX-L 1000W.

12. Will S

Will S Member

so you have it counterclockwise .......so it looks right

Had a Silverstone Premium 1000 and its now good for running the pump when I set up a cooling loop.......it wasn't reliable

13. woja

woja Member

Hotspot on your 3090. Sometimes it could indicate the mount not being so great

14. OP
    OP
    MIC89N

MIC89N Member

I've done that now. See what happens. The only other thing i could think about i have the LianLi fan controller taped to the blank side of the PSU.

15. OP
    OP
    MIC89N

MIC89N Member

I have the Asus 3090 EKWB edition. So you would hope it's all good. I've heard the memory on the back of the card can get quite hot.

16. woja

woja Member

Install HWinfo and check it in comparison to the GPU Core temperature
    Screenshot 2022-03-02 232109.png

17. OP
    OP
    MIC89N

MIC89N Member

Had it installed, didn't have a look closely enough to see those gpu temps. Thanks man. Currently Lost Ark is playing and that's what I am getting.
    upload_2022-3-2_23-29-39.png

18. woja

woja Member

Temps look fine!

19. OP
    OP
    MIC89N

MIC89N Member

Yeah, i honestly think it's something to do with the PSU or the case shorting it. I'm just going to leave it on with the Corsair for a while and see. If that's the case I'll just open a warranty on the PSU. Frustrating as i was playing around with Bios settings for ages, thinking it was the CPU.

20. Will S

Will S Member

Usually happens with cheap PSU's but the one you had wasn't cheap.