Nerf Guns/Blasters (do not post or link to for sale threads)

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by Bleemv1, Jul 3, 2008.

1. azza13b

azza13b Member

*Edit - no idea which post I was replying too, so this post is no longer relevant! ha

2. AlphaDog

AlphaDog Member

Ohh hey Azza! Don't know if you have noticed me on Oznerf! I'm ZeusPwns btw.

3. t3h

t3h Member

Ok, modded up the stampede to have a lipo connector on the back. It's a lot more aggressive on the 3S lipo than the D cells. I had it firing reasonably well off a 12v SLA before, but on the lipo, it occasionally keeps firing when I release the trigger. Guess I need a stronger catch return spring. Might victimize a few pens...

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  4. azza13b

azza13b Member

Hollla back at ya, I think there may be a few of us with the nerd/nerf connection lol

5. AlphaDog

AlphaDog Member

Yeah!!! LOL!

6. DarkYendor

DarkYendor Member

I've would have emptied it's magazine 30 or 40 times with that 2200mAh battery. Recharged it, and it took less than 400mAh. So it looks like a magazine only uses something like 10mAh (which means about 200 magazines per charge).

I've heard that's a common problem with modded Nitron's - haven't experienced it on my modded Stampede though.

7. t3h

t3h Member

Checked two other stampedes - but they don't seem to have the issue off 3S lipos. However, they also don't shoot as far as mine does (I haven't modded the actual firing mechanism yet at all). Maybe that has something to do with it.

Also here is a very cheap voltage checker that supports between 3 and 8 cells:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=13276

I'm planning on removing the buzzer and replacing it with a bright red LED in the back of the gun.

Basically >3.7v/cell you get LED on, 3.4-3.7v/cell you get LED flashing, 3.25-3.4v/cell you get buzzer beeping fast, <3.25v, you get buzzer beeping slowly

8. nibennett

nibennett Member

just got myself a Stampede for $33.50 :) (Left over from mid year toysale, on clearance + staff discount :) ) has the 100 darts with it too :)

9. Franc

Franc Member

Want to buy a few nerf guns for the kids (and my own protection) for chrissie...

Recommendations? Without going crazy with nerf orbital nukes :)

10. break

break Member

Having a quick scan through the mass of posts in this thread and I haven't uncovered an answer but...

...can anyone link me to a good overview of the range of guns and where to start if you're interested in grabbing a few to see what they are like? :thumbup:

11. LARRY314

LARRY314 Member

kmart has a sale starting, the nerf vortex range, the 'vigilon' for $12 about half price..quite good value....

12. t3h

t3h Member

The Maverick is a pretty good first gun, with a six-shot revolver barrel. Nitefinder is also good but really needs modding. Single shot, but hard. Other than that, the Stampede is what the Vulcan should have been - it takes a clip, and fires full auto :). Between those 3, you should have some fun.

13. Malachor

Malachor Member

Also they have the Gear up Maverick(orange and black paint job, 4 extra darts{total of 10, and all are whistlers, instead of suction cups}, and a vortex disc) for $9. Normal Maverick is $13.

14. Franc

Franc Member

Bought four Normal Mavericks and a ammo box for $83 from Kmart, thanks for that.

Its for chrissie so ill get them some glasses and some of the bigger guns in the next few weeks. They are all quite solid, think they will last a while

15. tiro_uspsss

tiro_uspsss Member

get the alpha trooper cs-18 - anyone can pump of more rounds than any full-auto blaster easily :D :lol: :thumbup:

best I've done is 23 rounds in ~7.5 seconds (then the darn 35 round drum jammed :p )

16. efoo

efoo Member

My third snakeskin paint job, this time on Max Force Shadow Hawk, err I mean Python. It also has a trigger mod.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  17. c0de

c0de Member

I'm more into tarting up real guns but WOW!.. That is really nice work!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

18. noobmastery

noobmastery Member

I know all about you and your crazy gun projects
    BTW, we'll have to go to the range some time in December

19. c0de

c0de Member

I'm looking at some range dates tomorrow, be in touch.

20. azza13b

azza13b Member

At $12.50 each the maverick is very hard to look past, they work all day everyday and kids of all age love them!