Nerf Guns (do not post or link to for sale threads)

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by Bleemv1, Jul 3, 2008.

1. OP
    OP
    Bleemv1

Bleemv1 Member

tempted. Could you post some pics of it? got all the darts? how much for postage :)

also, I'd just like to say that the streamline darts are terrible...occasionally you get a good shot from them but most of the time they arc downwards and hence have terrible ranges. I think the best darts I've used so far are the Tag darts. How are custom darts? shoot far?

2. sasuke_kun12

sasuke_kun12 Member

depends on what you put in custom darts. For best results people use bb gun ammo as weights at the front. Adds pain and distance!

3. OP
    OP
    Bleemv1

Bleemv1 Member

where do you get BB gun ammo? are they hot glued to the tips of the darts or something?

any pics of you maverick?

4. sasuke_kun12

sasuke_kun12 Member

5. OP
    OP
    Bleemv1

Bleemv1 Member

how much u reckon postage will end up costing? possible for $15 inclusive of regular post?

6. sasuke_kun12

sasuke_kun12 Member

I can do $15. But let me warn you. The ranges suck and is piss weak. Only good for russian roulette or for display. It still sucks with a newer spring

7. OP
    OP
    Bleemv1

Bleemv1 Member

it shoots better than stock though right?

8. sasuke_kun12

sasuke_kun12 Member

not even! I regret buying it and modding it

9. nakey

nakey Member

for those who wanted one, it's USD40 from the Hasbro web shop, about USD15 to get to colorado, and about AUD80 to get priceUSA to get it here.

need more belts + rounds... also need a foolproof way to make stefans

I wish that were the case. it cost more to ship than it did for the gun itself

don't regret it one bit though :D

i don't find straw mods to be that effective...

10. OP
    OP
    Bleemv1

Bleemv1 Member

hmm that's no good :p bad luck.

I'll wait for some new mavericks to come into Aus :) Thanks anyway

Nakey : So that gun will pretty much cost more than $100 to import into Aus? or is it $80 using PriceUSA to get it in?

How did you get the gun? through the method you described above?

11. nakey

nakey Member

the way priceUSA works is that you get it shipped to an address in Colorado, then they ship it to you.

Because of the size of the vulcan (and because i didn't look at NerfHaven for discount codes), it cost US15 to ship it to colorado.

Again, because of the size and weight, it's 80 to get it from Colorado to Melbourne.

150ish in total

Yep.

gotta say, the tripod's useless. shoots fine with streamline too. havn't tested range but it's pretty decent and decent ROF. will be building a battery pack for it though.

12. OP
    OP
    Bleemv1

Bleemv1 Member

$150 :shock::shock::shock:

Oh well. I'll get it some other time. What's the bet that this gun will never make it to Australia?..

13. nakey

nakey Member

Yeah. i don't regret it either :D

Post 39

14. Badger

Badger Caveat lector

I went to my local target, they didn't have any dart guns at all :(

I guess I'll check out kmart, toys R us have the recon at $50

15. OP
    OP
    Bleemv1

Bleemv1 Member

end of september?!?! that's awesome. Will definitely go there as soon as they open and buy 2 of them! what's the price gonna be like? $50?

how does the vulcan work? is it a similar setup to the Buzzbee Tommy? (uses spinning discs to propell the darts)

also, does anyone know if the accessories are coming to aus as well? (extra ammo, clips etc.)

16. nakey

nakey Member

yeah, with the recons at $40, you gotta be quick. that's why i bought 1 before the sale, 2 within the first 2 days of the sale (after visiting 3 shops), and 2 on layby :)

they'll probably only have Nightfighters and the Tagger sets. i got the last Recon in Burwood East during the toy sale. went to 6 other k-marts the week after, and none in them.

... with the Longshot scope. kinda meh, i'd rather have the target set with the 20 extra Streamline rounds.

with the Recon at that price ATM, i doubt it. 79.95-89.95 is thinking optimistically....

completely different. proper plunger mechnanism. does allow for single shots when the gun's off/has no batteries.

i kinda doubt it. there's only extra tagger darts for the Nerf Tag gun series (which doesn't fire in the recon. Haven't tried on the Vulcan). I want more clips for the recon/longshot.

you can do a 50round mod to the belt, but it puts a lot of strain on the mechanism. you really need to watch the feed.

If you're looking for nerf guns locally, don't just look for nerf. Look for Iron Man and Hulk stuff. They've got a Titan + Hornet combination in Hulk colours, and a Firefly in Iron Man branding. Both are part of the N-strike collection, so some of the accessories will transfer over.

17. Badger

Badger Caveat lector

The sale isn't still on though is it? maybe I should ring around and find some. Also I didn't realise that target had a different set, I'd much prefer more darts than another dodgy accessory.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  18. OP
    OP
    Bleemv1

Bleemv1 Member

mm can't wait for the vulcan. I bought 7 Recons when the Kmart midnight sale was one. (3 for myself, 4 for my cousin) Cleaned the whole place out basically.

How much are the extra tagger ammo? I keep losing that ammo from the dart tag gun...

19. Badger

Badger Caveat lector

target and kmart seem to be be totally sold out of all nerf guns in SA :(

20. Bridgy

Bridgy Member

Toys R Us have plenty mate, the one in town has one left, and the TTP store has about 10 left :)