Nerf Guns (do not post or link to for sale threads)

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by Bleemv1, Jul 3, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

it seems the apollo can take the zeus magazines and act like an extended clip. though is it possible to convert the apollo even if you have to mod the internals and add stuff like a pressurized tank...like a paintball gun but with nerf.

i also wonder if those rails are military spec so that you can add things like holographic sights on it? that would be cool.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  2. Zangetsu.ssl

Zangetsu.ssl Member

Yeah, gas powered Nerf blasters have been done before so it shouldn't be too different. You'd at least want to use PVC for low pressure systems or consider going brass if you intend to make a paintball velocity blaster. :Paranoid: Thought you meant a rewire or tweak to change it from semi to full auto etc. .

Apparently the rails on the Rival Nerf blasters are 2mm less than the standard Picatinny rail width so it will be a little wobbly if attached. However, Nerf sights/scopes/lights will attach to it if you're into that kind of thing.

3. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

i think you would need to rework the internals of the apollo to make it even semi auto as you need enough gas to push the ball at 100fps and the receiver back to allow the next round in without jamming.

4. Zangetsu.ssl

Zangetsu.ssl Member

I think an easier way would be to wire up a servo motor to cycle open and close motion of the breech upon trigger release. Then cut the rear gearbox away from the plunger tube and attach a coupler for an external gas tank. After that probably attach a solenoid gas valve, on the coupler, to open and close upon trigger pull for say 0.3secs. Then grab a pipe/tube rated for the pressure you have in the gas tank, attach it to the back of gas valve and hook up the tank. This way it would be less fiddly to work out the timing of the gas powered priming mechanism.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  5. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

theorectically you could put a tank inside the back of the apollo and just make a hole for a recharge outlet - that way you don't need to keep changing out tanks.

if you can figure out a solution and make a video of it that would be awesome.

is it legal to import nerf blasters into OZ?

6. Zangetsu.ssl

Zangetsu.ssl Member

Would love to get back into modding blasters but having a bad back limits you somewhat. I'm sure in the next few months someone will do a gas tank conversion for the Apollo.

Yes, if it meets the Australian standards governing projectile toys. Whether or not this is enforced for Nerf blasters is questionable as one would need to know the difference between a "grey" and a "orange" trigger blaster.

7. Caffeine

Caffeine Member

Toy'R'Us are doing a demos of the new n-strike modulus this weekend;

[​IMG]

8. QuakeDude

QuakeDude ooooh weeee ooooh

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  9. Zangetsu.ssl

Zangetsu.ssl Member

Came across this while browsing eBay: linky. Basically a barrel conversion for making the MEGA Cycloneshock, Rotofury and the Bigshock to accept regular sized NERF darts. I can without a doubt guess where they got this idea from. Doesn't look like it's made using a 3D printer either like most other NERF mods that you can buy.

Click to view full size!

Click to view full size!

One thing to note is that these are friction fitted and that it uses a friction fit plug to remove the conversion barrels if you want to go back to using MEGA darts. Might order one and see how they perform.

EDIT: Although, like true eBay spirit, price changed to 24.68AUD for the Cycloneshock kit! Bloody hell, I could buy another Cycloneshock for that...

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  10. OP
    OP
    Bleemv1

Bleemv1 Member

wow this thread had somewhat of a revival...

cycloneshock converted to fire nerf elite darts is awesome. Really powerful.

You can do it with some irrigation pipe or 16mm pvc conduit. Add some electrical tape to fill out to the nerf mega barrel and it'll fire

11. stenchlord

stenchlord Member

The only Nerf blaster anyone would ever need...

Modified Nerf Zeus

Too bad Hasbro won't be releasing the Zeus in Australia :upset:

12. Caffeine

Caffeine Member

13. QuakeDude

QuakeDude ooooh weeee ooooh

Its been in our local Costco for a while.. the down side is its more expensive there than it is in the shops.. when you can find it :Paranoid:

14. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

15. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

Thread-revival.

Someone at my work is selling a Longstrike CS-6. It seems in good condition, however it's missing the part that attaches the Iron Sights on the top. She wants $100 for it (based of an Ebay listing).
    Worth it? I think I'll offer less than $100 due to the missing part. It's a nice blaster, but a lot to spend!

16. apsilon

apsilon Member

If you're interested, I'm pretty sure I have a Longstrike I'd let go very cheap. Complete apart from the front barrel section and magazines. Not in the box but otherwise as new condition.

17. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

Thanks. I've given her a lower offer due to the missing parts and the fact that ebay involves seller fees etc.
    I'll see how it goes.

18. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Anybody imported a Rival blaster yet? I'm so tempted to get the nemesis shipped over.

19. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

Decided not to go with the Longstrike on it's own.

Found an ebay lot, that contained a longstrike as well as heaps of other pretty cool blasters, such as a vulcan (with a modified ammo belt that was twice as long), Demolisher, Raider and the 3-in-1 Unity Power System blasters. Had about 15 blasters in the lot.
    Pretty happy with it!

20. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

Bumping an old thread but has anyone ever bought non genuine bullets from eBay or wherever? Any