Nerf Guns (do not post or link to for sale threads)

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by Bleemv1, Jul 3, 2008.

1. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

The reaper shotguns look great and function alright, the twin set with the mask is pretty damn expensive though. McCree's pistol is a steaming pile of shit for anything other than display/cosplay. D.Va's pistol is great. If you pickup a few D.Va pistols you could easily resell them over here for double or triple the price.

2. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

I can't seem to get any firm information from Australian and Canadian customs about this cos I am departing from Canada.

3. josh_676

josh_676 Member

Be careful with what is posted here in the way of mods and nerf guns.

Some people have indicated a willingness to report people to the police and customs over nerf and other toy guns.

4. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

That's all well and good but unless they are making illegal HPA blasters or parts for them there is nothing the police can do. The only situation they might do something would be if you're using a modified blaster that is made to look like a real firearm in a public place. In that situation they "might" give you a warning about it.

If you're attempting to conflate nerf blasters with the gel blaster mess you're barking up the wrong tree.

The restrictions that prevent rival blasters going on sale here do not prevent them from being imported or restrict transportation of them. There are no laws preventing their import.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  5. josh_676

josh_676 Member

All well and good to say. Just be careful is all.

6. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Careful of what? The police can't do anything and certainly won't do anything based on a random tip about someone modifying nerf blasters. If it's a random tip about illegal firearms they might show up and investigate but unless you've got illegal firearms what's the problem?

7. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

I'm just making sure there's no surprises when i get into the airport :D

josh_676 and DangerMaus like this.
  8. QuakeDude

QuakeDude ooooh weeee ooooh

Okay, so can someone please educate me on Lipo batteries?

I've upgraded my son's ECS-10 with a pair of Rhino 3S 130 motors, and the 'recommendation' is that I should be using a Lipo 3S battery. Now, I'm trying to figure out which one to get from Hobby King, and I've go no idea whether I can simply get away with a smaller physical battery (< 2000mah) or should I be getting a bigger one?

9. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

You will be limited by what you can fit in the battery tray or tape to the blaster if you're in the mood for being ghetto. It's easy to get expanded battery trays for the Stryfe, not sure about the ECS-10 but I'm sure you could find plans to 3d print one. 950-1300mah 3s will be fine. You might need to rewire with an xt60 depending on what connector you've used. I use 950-1000mah for meishel2.0 and fang revamped 2s motors and they last ages.

You can run Rhinos on a 2s but you'll be losing ~10% fps and rate of fire, may also stall with a high crush cage or wheels.

*edit
    I assume you upgraded the wiring and switch or installed a mosfet?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  10. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

This is exactly what I need to piss off some really annoying birds that think they can come into my house and crap on the floor at random times when the back door is open.

11. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

lol, what?

12. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I need the biggest most powerful arsed nerf gun I can find! :leet:

Saving me reading 66 mostly older pages, what do you suggest? :cool:

13. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Not many powerful ones out of the box. Rival kronos would be the best cheap option without modding. $60 ish on ebay.

MR CHILLED likes this.
  14. Badger

Badger Caveat lector

15. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  16. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I don't need a massively modified gun, just one that would be enough to ruffle some feathers for them to think twice before entering again.

Some torp shape might be good rather than just a bunch of soft balls..../shrug

17. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

The rival blasters are almost twice as powerful as stock nerf blasters off the shelf here, which are frankly terrible even for indoor use. You could get a retaliator, hammershot or strongarm and upgrade the spring if you want to fire conventional darts. I think you can get a kronos from amazon for about $35-40 atm.

MR CHILLED likes this.
  18. PsydFX

PsydFX Member

You could just consider getting a screen door. Shooting birds already in your house is likely going to end in a literal shit storm.

DangerMaus likes this.
  19. QuakeDude

QuakeDude ooooh weeee ooooh

Yep. Upgraded the wiring and the switch (bought all of it from Blastertech along with the motors). Thanks though - will see what I can fit in there. As you can see, the gun is currently sitting there with the wires sticking out waiting for me to make a decision :lol:

[​IMG]

So I picked up one of the clear green ones the other day, and yeah, besides looking cool, its not the most practical device. Seriously contemplating trying to work out how to modify the damn thing..

20. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

There are mod guides around for it. You can improve the rate of fire and performance a bit but it's limited by the spring and plastic gears. You can only upgrade the spring so much before the plastic gears fail. AFAIK there are no aftermarket metal gears for that blaster.

Barrel drag is an issue with nerf blasters so the fewer barrel addons you use the higher the fps you'll get. It's a trade off between aesthetics and performance.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019