1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

New Apple iPhone Official!

Discussion in 'Apple iOS (OS & Devices)' started by Bogus Jimmy, Jan 10, 2007.

1. pOint_01

pOint_01 Member

hopefully someone is making a third party program for GPS to use with my bluetooth GPS reciever! :)

2. benroachie

benroachie Member

So now that ZiPhone is out, is this the only thing I'll need to get a 1.1.3 16gb iPhone to work on Virgin/Telstra/Optus etc.? Or will I still need to purchase a TurboSim etc.?

3. fox1

fox1 Member

well by going from what Simonk83 hints at, and from what I've read, ziphone is the only thing you'll need.

4. N_E_W_U_S_E_R

N_E_W_U_S_E_R (Banned or Deleted)

so you dont need a boot loader or anything like that?? if so sweet

5. !JonZap!

!JonZap! Member

new version of GUI available now

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  6. tomas64

tomas64 Member

Hey guys just a couple of q's:

I wanna upgrade my iphone to 1.1.3
    The phone was a 1.1.1 --> 1.1.2

• Will I loose all my stuff eg, contacts, sms history, apps?
    • And do I just use ziphone and click "do it all"?

Cheers in advance :thumbup:

7. f@rmboy

f@rmboy Terrorist Photographer

just use ziphone to do it all.

You will lose any apps you have added but you wont lose anything that you sync with itunes (contacts, calendars, music etc)

f@rmboy went from 1.0.2 -> 1.1.3 using this method and he also upgraded his SO's 1.1.1OTB to 1.1.3 using ziphone.

8. Clem

Clem Member

I am not up to date with iphone, but do you add tunes via itunes? if so, how does that go when it tries to check fw versions and the like.

9. f@rmboy

it syncs just like an ipod. F@rmboy created an iTunes playlist, dragged the albums he wanted to it and let it sync with his iphone.

If it asks you to update just click cancel. It will continue to sync without updating the software/firmware.

10. Clem

Clem Member

f@rmboy has answered the ? very well....cheers. I was not sure what the go was, now i do.

11. !JonZap!

!JonZap! Member

1.1.4 released :( , locks your iphone

12. f@rmboy

Apparently the ziphone jailbreak still works on 1.1.4. Not so sure whether it unlocks it though. As usual, try at your own peril.

As for f@rmboy, there doesn't seem to be any compelling reason to upgrade from 1.1.3 to 1.1.4 so f@rmboy will wait til 1.1.5 or until the SDK is released.

13. pOint_01

pOint_01 Member

ziphone will not activate 1.1.4

14. f@rmboy

15. Stumbling Goat

Stumbling Goat Member

Tip for those using the Ziphone GUI. I wouldent press the "Do it all button" as it also downgrades your bootloader which "Could potentially brick your iphone". To avoid that, hit advanced options and untick the box so that just jailbreak, unlock and active are ticked!

Also, Zibri is working on the official release for 1.1.4. Apparently this firmware just sets the iPhone up for the new SDK which will be relased soon, and as such, it is still easy to crack. So if i were somone wanting to unlock the iphone at the moment, i would just upgrade to 1.1.3 and go from there and then unlock it again once the official 1.1.4 release comes out.

Goat

16. Pentium_4

Pentium_4 Member

I was thinking of updating my 1.0.2 FW iPhone, but, is there anyway of backing up everything on my iPhone? including text messages??

17. Orgazmo

Orgazmo Member

I have a 1.0.2 FW iPhone also and with 1.1.4 out, is there a safe way to upgrade to 1.1.3? I was thinking of updating via itunes then using ziphone but the itunes update will probably only do 1.1.4

18. Pentium_4

Pentium_4 Member

I belive we'd have to virginize our phones first. Update to 1.1.3 FW then unlock using ziphone... But I am probably wrong here??

19. dakiller

dakiller (Oscillating & Impeding)

AS far as I know, the only way to software unlock the iphones is to downgrade the bootloader, so that the unlocking process must downgrade the bootloader anyway. You shouldn't have anything to worry about in bricking your phone, I've yet to get a phone I couldn't recover and I've repaired and unlocked quite a few
    Download the 1.1.3 flash file from here, and then put the phone into recovery mode, and in itunes click on the restore button while holding the shift key to manually choose the 1.1.3 file to flash it. Then you can use ZiPhone to do the rest

20. Simonk83

Simonk83 Member

No, you don't need to downgrade the bootloader to unlock the phones, it's optional. The baseband is downgraded, but that's another thing altogether ;)