New build - Hevort

Discussion in 'Hobby Engineering' started by tumutbound, May 16, 2021.

1. OP
    OP
    tumutbound

tumutbound Member

No progress in the last few weeks, still waiting for the elusive motor couplers (oldham)
    I have received an LDO stepper around which I can build the HextrudORT extruder. A recent upgrade to the Ender 5 means I should be able to make it in ABS or PETG

brayway likes this.
  2. mrbean_phillip

mrbean_phillip Member

Tell you what, I recently got some Sunlu PETG, spent 4 hours this afternoon to get the first layer down. Nada, no go. Tried extruder between 220-250C, bed from 65-90C, no bloody luck.

Ah well, will wait for my lazy Susan , should arrive tomorrow, then I can print my extruder from the nylon, Geoff. Was hoping to short-cut with the PETG, but will try that again on my HevORT at some point.

So you’re still waiting for those couplers, hey? Chit, yes, I recall I waited months for mine as well. Hope it arrives soon, Mate, but it gives you time to sort your extruder bits out :)

3. OP
    OP
    tumutbound

tumutbound Member

That sucks! I'm printing with eSun PETG at 245°, bed 80° on a cheap flexible steel sheet and it's going well. No problems with first layer and so far, no stringing. Last print was a bit difficult to remove support material so adjust a few Cura settings, hopefully this one will be better.
    I've got some eSun nylon on order so looking forward to trying that - must dig the humidifier out and finish the PID controller I started to build.
    I'm just going to have to put up with the wait for the couplers. I did look at some other suppliers but they were quoting Oct 22 delivery...
    I can get stuck into the base plat for under the electronics Plan is to get it laser/waterjet cut out of 2mm mild steel with cooling slots under the major components. I haven't gotten a price for this as yet so it's subject to change!

EDIT: Just had a look at what I'm printing and it seems I forgot to specify support material Duh! Seems OK so far though.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
  4. OP
    OP
    tumutbound

tumutbound Member

Finally the morot couplers arrived, so I can get back into the build.
    I'm a bit embarrassed to say, I have now found quite a few bits I could have made progress on :o

5. Butcher9_9

Butcher9_9 Member

Its a mental block, happens to the best of us.

6. mrbean_phillip

mrbean_phillip Member

Haha, true :)

Great your bits are almost all there, progress will happen. Still battling that damn PETG, but guess what, got some Nylon-CF, that is almost as easy as the PLA to print. Also much nicer to look at, but man, those supports…..oopphhh…difficult to clean up.

But found my new favourite filament, can’t wait to push it through the HevORT.

Good luck with your build, looking forward to your progress! Craving black and yellow pix!

tumutbound likes this.