1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

New Canon Digital SLR.

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by Admiral, Aug 20, 2003.

1. Murmandamus

Murmandamus Member

It's just the same nomenclature that was used for the 300 series film slr's as was pointed out. Rebel is only for the american market iirc. In europe/UK it's also just 300D as here. Digital Rebel sucks but you should be even more glad that we didn't get the asian market name for it. KISS Digital.

I ordered mine from dirtcheapcameras and it's supposed to have shipped last friday but I haven't got it yet. Anyone else who ordered from there got their camera yet? Waiting sucks :)

2. adzza

adzza New Member

i was just browsing on the canon japans website. They get a USM version of the lens we get here. :mad:

3. Ashpool

Ashpool Member

Well very happy with the first impressions, Just went out and bought a cf reader and a camera bag. But back to the goodies, It has a much cheaper feel that my old slr but that is probably due to the lack of weight. Took some awsome macro's in my back yard in the basic macro mode and printed one out on some matte epson photo paper on my styles c61. Was very happy with the result and am dying to get home to try a portrait. 6.3 meg is a pretty fair filesize to work with and i guess I will be able to get some very nice large prints.

Didn't fair so well in the office but I guess that is due to the shitty interior lighting. I will have to make a few adjustments to get better photo's under the dim but harsh flouro's....White balance, maybee increase the ISO for a better shutter speed. Very fast in the AF response(Well IMO anyway)

I am heading out to take a few shots as soon as i finish work so I will post some up tonight.....If I get the time.

4. z2177199

z2177199 Member

I think the whole package (with USM) cost more (after the conversion) compare to the non-USM.

5. Ashpool

Ashpool Member

Last edited: Oct 10, 2003
  6. petal666

petal666 Member

If it is the same as the 10D you need some sharpening as well.

7. Murmandamus

Murmandamus Member

I don't think that bear needs sharpening. I think it needs a tissue. ;)

8. tuppaware

tuppaware Member

Out of the box the 300d comes with double the shapening of the 10d, also out of the box contrast and sharpness is set to 1+, to create those consumer type punchy photos.