New game install...

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting Help' started by ibace, Jan 15, 2022.

1. ibace

ibace Member

I may well be in an incorrect forum...it's too late and I just want to put this out there...WHY IS IT SO DIFFICULT TO GET HELP/SUPPORT FROM STEAM?

Logged in as a new member, new account, had a code for 3DMark Advanced...extremely difficult to find a download link...

Tried to use the page I arrived at after searching for 3DMark; asked for the Game Product Code? I tried using the code I have but of course...that is for the Game [3DMark] itself to be activated. No way in hell can I find a product code...nowhere to use a search function [sure there were FAQs] but I just wanted support from support...could not find a way to achieve that goal...everywhere these days it seems they're making it harder to access help or support, except the useless type [like from Telstra earlier today...1 hour and 25 minutes to re activate an email account they cancelled for non-use] NOT A HAPPY CHAPPIE!

If there's someone who can help me with a link or advice how to get help from Steam...please PM me, rather than clogging this thread up...

2. Kelvin

Kelvin Member

I've never had any issues with steam..

Go to Games in the top menu
    Activate a product on steam

go through all the disclaimers

enter the code..

should add the game to your library...
    then download and run the selected program..

and thats it.....

I have 3dmark.. amongst all my games as all..

3. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Code from where?

It might not be a Steam code, it might be an upgrade code.

So you log into the account here and download it & install, then put the code into it, no steam required.
    https://benchmarks.ul.com/3dmark/download