New Kings Quest game - The Silver Lining (Free)

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Dogo, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Dogo

Dogo Member

2. Philll

Philll (Taking a Break)

Epic fan effort. I never thought Activi$ion would have allowed it, good on em.

3. Flecktone

Flecktone Member

Very keen to check this out - Just finished playing through KQ6 on the weekend. One of my favourite games of all time!

4. NismoR31

NismoR31 Member

they probably see it as a cost-free test to see if there's still any interest in the King's Quest IP

5. DarknRahl

DarknRahl Member

King's Quest 3 was always my favourite. My dad got the Kings Quest 1-3 pack for Christmas one year for my sister and I. I remember how nervous I was as I watched my sister on the Tandy 1000TX making magic potions in Manannan's basement and fearing he was going to suddenly teleport home. Unfortunately I can't play it anymore as you need the spell book that comes with the game and I cant find a copy on the net anywhere.

The problem with KQ 1 and 3 was some highly specific and hard to word commands you needed to type in during sections of the game. 'Lead goat with carrot' and 'crumble cat cookie in porridge' to name a couple of game breakers that ended up in the purchase of a hint book.
    Managed to get through KQ2 after finally typing 'unlock door' instead of endless variations of 'use key to open door'...

King's Quest 4 was also awesome, that haunted house gave me the creeps as did that giant. Mmm good times.

6. NismoR31

NismoR31 Member

7. DarknRahl

DarknRahl Member

8. NismoR31

NismoR31 Member

yes. same one

haven't seen you in a long time!