New Mac Pro - 2018?

Discussion in 'Apple Desktop Hardware/Software' started by elvis, Apr 5, 2017.

1. DVDHack

DVDHack Member

It’s probably too hard to move around without them.... It makes me think of the Iphone and iPad, For years there was this trend to ever thinner models, I still don’t get it, just about everyone I know including me, put them into cases because they were awkward to hold and when so thin, as an added ‘benefit’ they created conveniences like non-replaceable batteries and missing headphone ports to facilitate this stupidity. Very much form over function.

2. OP
    OP
    elvis

elvis Old school old fool

The studios I've worked for all move computers around a lot. Not uncommon for large PC workstations to also have wheels (although they cost far less than these ones on offer by Apple).

e.g.: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/274171435880

They're third party addons, but I've seen plenty of cases with wheels as part of their design.

Last edited: May 16, 2020
  3. OP
    OP
    elvis

elvis Old school old fool

Yeah that's only an example because I couldn't be stuffed finding more. When cases full of multiple CPUs, multiple GPUs, multiple drives, and multiple PSUs start stacking up, they can get pretty heavy.

Wheels are great, because it means artists don't call me to drag their machine across the studio.

ae00711 likes this.
  4. Hater

Hater Member

10KG haha, pretty sure my old Z8 weighed double that just as a bare chassis...

but also double eff moving that thing about all the time. if $800 wheels save 1 OH&S case then bam instantly worth every cent of that $800

5. melatonin

melatonin Member

Is there a word or term for people that call out an example when its clearly correct in context and the example doesn't need to be perfect?

2SHY and elvis like this.
  6. scips

scips Member

Does it even need 4 wheels? 3 seems to work fine for a car with a similar fanbase to this thread.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2020
    flu!d, ShaneHm2 and millsy like this.