NEW PC BUILD WONT BOOT, STUCK IN REBOOT LOOP

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by bearzgfx, Jul 8, 2013.

1. bearzgfx

bearzgfx Member

I just built my new PC for the first time and when I try and turn it on the actual motherboard boot screen shows but it doesn't go past this screen, the keyboard wont work when attempting to enter the bios setup or any other option. When it reaches the mobo boot screen it waits 10-30 seconds and then reboots and the same thing keep going in a loop. What can I do to fix this issue?

Build:
    CPU: Intel 3570k
    MEMORY: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB
    GFX CARD: XFX 6870 Double Disipation
    HDD: WD Blue 1TB
    SSD: HyperX 120GB
    CASE: Corsair 300R
    MOTHERBOARD: G1 Sniper 2
    CPU COOLER: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO
    DVD Drive: Liteon iHas 524D

2. coolroy

coolroy Member

First off check cpu heat-sink is correctly mounted.

Next check cpu fan operation.

Check all power supply connections on main board, did you leave the 4pin 12V plug off?

If all above appears correct what psu are you using?

3. ProphetMikey

ProphetMikey Member

Check that you haven't forced an 8 pin PCIE power cable into the 8 pin CPU power socket.

Remove and test each memory module separately.

Do you get any diagnostic beeps from the system at any point? If you haven't connected a PC speaker then you will need to do so to hear the diagnostic beeps. Your motherboard manual will show you where the PC speaker connector is; you can connect a cable to any speaker/amplifier if your case doesn't have a PC speaker built in.

When checking CPU HS/fan installation, check that you haven't left any plastic film on the CPU or HS/F.

Remove the video card entirely, connect the monitor to the integrated graphics port of the motherboard and see if that boots properly; if so, video card is a problem.

4. ProphetMikey

ProphetMikey Member

Check that power and data for the HDD are correct.

Some systems will not detect a USB keyboard/mouse at boot; you will need a PS/2 (this is a connector type, not a gaming console) keyboard/mouse to enter the boot options if this is the case for your system.

5. Kommandant33

Kommandant33 Member

also, did you lose any screws or anything during the construction of the PC? There might be one under your mobo shorting it out?

6. S-Kimo

S-Kimo Member

Try reset the bios, mine's done the same thing in the past when i've done a bad overclock.

7. Sphinx

Sphinx Member

Not enough memory voltage did this for me in a build once.
    Auto/default didn't cut it, based on what was actually needed.